Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Songs stop playing
Khirsah

posted on 6-10-2003 at 04:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Songs stop playing

Right.. I have an assumption of what my problem might be.. not enough horsepower in my box, but I will turn for help before violently kicking my box around the room.

The problem I am having is after playing several songs the music will just stop. There will be a song in cue, but it won’t load. I've only noticed this when on auto play in the popular mode (haven’t tried any other modes). Clicking next or loading a song in cue and hitting next will load the song.. or hitting next/loading a song from the webpage will work also.. usually.. I just updated to 3.21

Right so here is why I think I might be just slightly under powered.. heh..

What we have here is a PIII 500MHz running .NET Server with 192MB of RAM.. (Sad I know, but its a test system!)

Not slow enough? Ok..

Lets access these MP3s over a 100MB network.. no problem there.. Lets throw in SHOUTCast.. ooh that will slow you down some eh..

Oooh! Lets throw in SqrSoft's Advanced Crossfading with the SHOUTCast DSP running.. Its still alive?

Ok ok.. lets also have it serve up the eJukeBox webpage to our webserver...

...what do you mean I get problems every now and then? ...yes I'm consistently running over 240+MB's of memory usage here.. that’s a problem? Heh.

...be gentle ; )

I guess my serious question here is.. before I start doing my own trouble shooting and turning off some of this crap, has anyone else had trouble with songs pausing?
bnylin

posted on 6-10-2003 at 11:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have had the same thing happen, it simply won't advance to the next song in the once in a while. Hitting the Next Song icon won't advance it to the next song. Once, to clear it, I had to clear the playlist, invoke an auto play mode, then reload a playlist.

It happens to me in direct play mode, not the auto modes (at least not yet). I don't think it is a horsepower problem, I am running it on a P4 2.4Ghz box with 512Mb RAM.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-10-2003 at 11:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The only reason I can think of where this may happen is if the next song's file no longer exists or is partially corrupted.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Khirsah

posted on 6-11-2003 at 05:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well it will show up the next song.. and the song has played many a time before.. I suppose sometime tomorrow I'll start turnning off some things and see if it keeps stopping..

I'm wondering if it is a crossfade problem or a shoutcast problem..

I'll let you know.
bnylin

posted on 6-11-2003 at 06:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It just happened to me again, this time on Peter Gabriel's Shock The Monkey (never the same song). It was next in the playlist (selected, not auto), and Winamp went ahead and played it but the album cover display up top stayed on the previous song. When Shock The Monkey was done playing, nothing happened. Silence. Next song advance would not work.

I deleted Shock The Monkey from the playlist, and song advance moved to the next in the list just fine. I then added Shock The Monkey back to the list, moved it to the top and waited to see what happened. This time, it worked just fine and the song played. So, it does not appear to be a file corruption issue.

Interesting to note that Khirsah mentioned Shoutcast, as I am running that as well. My configuration:
eJukebox v3.21
Winamp v2.9 (w/Shoutcast Source DSP 1.8.2b & SAM Statistic Relay v2.3 plug-ins)
WinXP on P4 2.4GHz and 512Mb RAM

-Bryan
Rich

posted on 6-11-2003 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, I think I know what this problem may be, as it was covered in another post somewhere. Check to see if the words "Browse Songs" is present as represented in the attached image.

Sometimes I get "stuck" in this mode too, and the the next song won't play, and if it does, the album image won't change with it.

Normally, if you right click on the album image, it invokes the Browse mode, and if you move on to something else, it will revert back to "Now Playing".

Audiosoft: I can replicate the Browse Songs getting stuck by right clicking on the album image then moving the mouse down to the playlist then away from the Now Playing area. If you continue to work with eJukebox, it stays in Browse until you right click on the image again, then move the mouse and click elsewhere.

Thanks,
Rich

Rich has attached this image:
browse.jpg - 15.01kb
bnylin

posted on 6-12-2003 at 07:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I saw that post and checked when it happened to me, and I was definitely not getting the Browse Songs at the top of the screen. It still said Now Playing.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-12-2003 at 10:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is the Song that is UP Next playing when this occurs?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bnylin

posted on 6-13-2003 at 11:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It appears that Winamp goes on and plays the Up Next song, but that eJukebox does not update (still shows previous song as Now Playing), and loses control. Once Winamp finishes playing the song, it is done and has no more songs queued (silence). eJukebox will not advance with >> button at that point.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-14-2003 at 08:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, Thanks.

Does everyone that is experiencing this problem use the SqrSoft's Advanced Crossfading plugin?

bnylin

posted on 6-15-2003 at 07:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am not using that plugin. The only plugins I have installed are Shoutcast and SAM Statistics Relay.
Khirsah

posted on 6-17-2003 at 05:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow sorry I haven’t been helping on this, I've been without internet for a few days.

Alrighty then.. my input and updates:

I went ahead and removed all added functions to eJukeBox.

-Disabled ShoutCast
-Disabled crossfading
-Disabled even the eJukeBox web interface.

Normal Barebones JukeBox.. As others reported, Winamp (2.9xxwhatever) will load the next song, Jukebox will not load the next song, they lose sync.. yada yada songs stop..

Or... as I’ve noticed several times now, it will play the same song over and over..

I don't know just how far you have come on fixing this problem so I will ramble on somemore.. I don't think it is a Crossfade problem as that has been removed, nor a ShoutCast/DSP problem either.. I've been running well withing my hardwares limitations and still have the problem. The server I am drawing files from is quite fast, not doing hard drive intensive things (if anything) at the time of the problems and my network is a quick 100MB setup so lag should not be an issue.

Being that I just reconnected to the net I haven’t followed up on the forums so excuse me if I repeat things or these have already been said.. This might be better posted in a different forum but oh well..

Request/Wishlist:

*Continue to play songs if an error occurs (corrupt mp3, file not found, etc. - Just move on to a new mp3)

*Create a LOG file of errors (already done? Didn’t look.. heh sorry) ie: 10:32am X://server/mp3s/song.mp3 - reason [FILE not found/DRIVE not foundor mounted/Corrupt file/ect]

*Notice of LOG file being updated with corrupt/problem songs in the menus screen somewhere

*Option to auto remove doubles of songs in data-base/delete from folder ("Hiding 10 duplicate songs" ...why?)

*Option to add single files to database. (Maybe I only like 3 of the 200 songs in that folder ;) )

*Option to confirm integredy (NOT rebuild) the data base. (ie: Can I Open file X://server/mp3s/song1.mps - yes, good file, Can I Open D:/bob/files/song2.mps - No, report to log/beep/scream/pissandmoan/whatever)

I have run into problems with renamed songs or songs being deleted from the data base and had to remove them so I'm going to blow everything out and start from scratch.. remove eJukeBox (seeing as how my trial ran out ;), remove winamp, kill any reg keys of both, reinstall, rebuild database, and see what we get..
Khirsah

posted on 6-17-2003 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
...right so that whole blow it out and try again idea.. right out the window. You guys dont make getting around that 30 day thing easy do ya, heh ;)
Dyno Don

posted on 6-18-2003 at 08:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just adding my experiences. Same as above, winamp plays next song, but eJ doesn't update. After song plays you are stuck. Usually messing with previous/next song fixes it.
XP Media Center
Winamp 2.81 w/ Squaresoft cross fader.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-18-2003 at 11:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Try enabling the "Prevent Playback Stoppage" option on the Sound Options tab. Let us know if anyone still experiences this problem with that option enabled.

Khirsah

posted on 6-19-2003 at 10:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Had that option on since day one.. was on during the problems.
bnylin

posted on 7-19-2003 at 06:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have also had "Prevent Playback Stoppage" checked since day one and experienced this problem.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats