Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: System Resources, Printing & Firewall
FreeWilly

posted on 6-2-2003 at 12:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
System Resources, Printing & Firewall

I'm having a problem with amount of system resources that eJ is taking up. Is there a way to "streamline" the software so it will use less memory when loaded. I have a fairly outdated system (Pent III; 800 mhz; 384 MB RAM and am running Win 98SE) and would like to conserve my resources. I also would like to know if there is a printing feature that would allow me to print my entire collection of music and/or album covers without going through each letter individually. If not I would love to have this or similar printing features added. Finally, do you or anyone else know how I could keep my Linksys router/firewall hooked up and still get album covers, etc. I went to the Linksys website and couldn't find anything I thought could help let eJ get a "clean" connection to the internet.

I LOVE this software. It is exactly what I have been looking for - thanks for creating it.
jhlurie

posted on 6-2-2003 at 03:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are you sure its eJukebox taking the resources and not Winamp?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-2-2003 at 11:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think your system is not too old, maybe the thing is you have Win 98 which doesn't manage very well your large amount of RAM memory.
I have a completely outdated system (PII-350Mhz, 320MB RAM) but since I have upgraded it to Windows XP, eJukebox works enough well, even with others applications open at the same time.
I don't know if you use Winamp 2 or 3 but the version 2 is preferable on an old system (it use less ressources) and also greatly recommanded with eJukebox.

Pirk
Demnos

posted on 6-2-2003 at 02:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Regarding the Linksys, as far as I know eJukebox doesn't require any special ports etc. like a filsharing client might. So there should be no reason for any trickery in the Linksys setup. Are you using any special settings or additional tools such as personal firewall, proxy server etc? Maybe you can describe your setup in more detail (what kind of Internet connection, how does your network look like etc.)
cbsoundman

posted on 6-2-2003 at 08:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would like a report function of the database as well. I messed around with a program called MP3 Boss but it was based off the antiquated MS Access '97 database technology. Having it in one spot would be nice. It looks as if this program already keeps track of the right fields and it would be nice not to have to reinvent the wheel.
FreeWilly

posted on 6-3-2003 at 02:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was contemplating upgrading to WinXP but thought it would degrade by system even more. I might give it a try. I was using Winamp 3 and have now downgraded which seems to help, but I still get down in the 20% range. As far as the Linksys, I have a connection problem with several programs that need to access my computer and I am not familiar enough with routers to open up a port for the software. The only way I know to let software like eJ function properly is to temporarily take the router out of the connection. I connect through a Cable modem and use the router to share the connection with my laptop. I'm not using any special setup besides connecting through my router. I only use the firewall that is a part of the router, I do not use any additional software. As far as the printing/database, I would love if this could be a feature of eJ. I think eJ does a great job of managing and organizing the music and I also would not like to reinvent the wheel.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats