Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: About the seeking bar of the player
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-31-2003 at 08:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
About the seeking bar of the player

I like the new ability to jump a different part of a song by clicking on the position bar. However, since there are two functions at the same place, dragging and jump, I think the cursor is too small to be easily caught whitout activate a unwanted jump. So if it could be enlarged...
Also, that would be great if you could make than while dragging the cursor the music doesn't stop, like in Winamp!

Thanks,
Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-31-2003 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rather than enlarging the draggable seek cursor, we plan to make it so if you click anywhere on the seek bar and keep the left mouse button down it will then catch the cursor...so that you can drag it to the position you want until the left mouse button is released. Basically this would allow you to click anywhere on the seekbar to grab the seek cursor.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-31-2003 at 10:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All right, good idea!
...and what about to don't stop the music while dragging the cursor?

Pirk
Demnos

posted on 6-2-2003 at 02:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dear Audiosoft:

when implementing and testing this feature, please keep the touchscreen users in mind. I am not sure if what you describe will work for us or not. If it does, then I guess it will be great news.

Thanks!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-10-2003 at 08:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for the improvement of the Seeking bar of the player, that work very well.
Only one little thing: I feel the change of the mouse cursor depending on its position compared to the seeking bar is a bit bewildering.
I don't know if it's really necessary to change the appearance of the mouse cursor? That give a strange impression of instability because there are 2 things on the mouve at the same time, so the cursor always change giving that impression of imprecision.

Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-10-2003 at 09:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone else think we should just have it always use the arrow cursor. The only reason we thought to make it change the cursor to something different is so that people know when their mouse is over the position bar.

Demnos,

The enhancement of this feature should work the same as before for touchscreen users. Tapping (or clicking) on the position bar will imediatley change the position to that point. It is only when using a mouse and you elect to hold the mouse button down - will it allow you to drag the position handle until you let go of the mouse button.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Demnos

posted on 6-11-2003 at 11:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft: Yes, the new feature works fine on my touchscreen, thanks for implementing it in this way!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-11-2003 at 06:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Anyone else think we should just have it always use the arrow cursor. The only reason we thought to make it change the cursor to something different is so that people know when their mouse is over the position bar.

OK, That's good...
...Sometimes I quibble a bit.
Sorry.

Thanks,
Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats