Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Kiosk Mode Options
Demnos

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kiosk Mode Options

The new Kiosk Mode options are great. I think one important one is missing: In Kiosk mode, the user should (optionally) not be able to enter the ALBUM OPTIONS menu. I just had someone messing up all the settings there and I would really prefer nobody to touch that part when in Kiosk mode...

And just a reminder...I often requested the option to limit the number of albums to 250 at a time and you said that it would be included in "the next version" quite some time ago. It is not there yet, so I just wanted to make sure you have not forgotten ;-)
Rich

posted on 5-29-2003 at 06:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I fully agree with Demnos on restricting the Album options in Kiosk mode. Maybe you could sqeak that one in with the next release?

And how about an option with a checkbox that says "Limit Albums Displayed to [number] Per Page" (or smiliar phrasing).

If it's not checked, no limit. If it is checked, then enforce the [number].

Demnos, what do you think?

Thanks,
Rich
Demnos

posted on 5-30-2003 at 04:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rich,

yes, that would be the best solution possible!

Demnos
cbsoundman

posted on 6-1-2003 at 05:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would like to see something similar but make albums viewable by pages. (1st page the first 250 albums, the 2nd the next 250, the third...and so on). I think this would help the time it takes to refresh the screen when you go to the albums page. There is no reason to load all of those gifs at a time. In this scenario, 250 might be a bit much--more like 100 or something, whatever, I really don't care. The main thing is to break up the amount because it seems a little overwhelming to people trying to use it.

This might be nice on both kiosk and non-kiosk modes.
Demnos

posted on 6-2-2003 at 02:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually...this is the exact functionality we were talking about here (described in more detail in the no longer available forum pages)
cbsoundman

posted on 7-16-2003 at 03:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, has there been any more consideration on adding this functionality to both normal and Kiosk modes? I would really love paging my album list because scrolling is too slow--especially on the page refresh since all those images have to be loaded.

I would suggest making a guide on the top of the page like "Compulations A - Compulations M" or "Backstreet Boys - Beatles". Something that would take the artist name (or whatever sorting method the user is using to sort their album) of the first and last album and use those values for the guide.

It might be nice to allow the user to choose how many albums are shown per page (those with smaller images can include more than those who use larger ones) and it would be nice to include all albums by an artist (or whatever you sort by) on that page even if it runs over (or give them the option to not deviate from that number if they want). For instance, if you have the page set for 100 album and the Beatles albums you have number 98, 99, 100, 101, and 102 on that particular page, it would display 102 albums on that page so you don't break up the value you are sorting by, in this case, the artist name "Beatles".
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats