Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Requests for a new year
rllercstr7

posted on 1-3-2007 at 02:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Requests for a new year

First off HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

There are a few things on my eJukebox wish list for this year, some of which are from the past:

1) Complete control of eJukebox with only a keyboard. This is mainly for the purpose of using a remote with the software, because it is possible to emulate any keystroke with them. Mouse control just doesn't work with a remote. I propose that the interface be navigable with the a combination of the arrow keys, enter, and other necessary keystrokes. I Photoshopped a little picture below to demonstrate how a this might work when the arrows are pressed.

2)A hot key for the prvious button which many people have requested. Now Added

3)Search of an mp3's lyrics field throught the search box

Think of this picture as the shifter paths of a car with a manual transmission. The verticle lines allow you to up and down the columns of ejukebox such as the playlist, artist list, etc. At any time you can go between colums by pressing the left or right arrows. You would press enter to play the song or album and use some other key combo to add it to the playlist. As more and more media center PCs with remotes are distributed, this would be a big plus to have the interface controllable like this. I hope everyone understood that ;)

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Arrow Demo.jpg - 946.93kb
rlailey

posted on 1-3-2007 at 11:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All seems good to me
rllercstr7

posted on 3-8-2007 at 12:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any comment on being able to navigate the interface with simply the arrow keys and enter? In the next few months I will be setting up a HTPC for my parents, so eJukebox will be displayed on a big screen TV where there is no mouse, just arrows on a remote. I will definately buy another lisence if this could be implemented, but without it I'm affraid it would be a rather cumbersome venture to control the program and select songs since there won't be a mouse. Thanks a lot Audiosoft!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats