Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: ejukebox won't load after upgrade
kazchristo

posted on 12-29-2006 at 12:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ejukebox won't load after upgrade

Just upgraded to the lates 4.2, also upgraded winamp to 532. Now eJukebox tries to load, get to about 2/3 of the way and hangs. I have rebooted a number of times but still no luck please someone help me with this problem as I cannot use the player at all now.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-29-2006 at 11:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Try manually starting winamp first and playing a song in winamp...then start up eJukebox. If that does the trick the next time you should be able to just start eJukebox and winamp will load automatically.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Montana

posted on 1-6-2007 at 02:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That has just worked for me as well, could you please tell me how and why this happens, and why the above fix seems to reset everything properly ?

For me(at least), it seems to do with opening music files from other areas and not being able to go back to where it was before ???

Andy
mkc2000

posted on 2-15-2007 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Same problem

I have the same problem, but mine will not repair with running Winamp and a song first. I have always ran ejukebox 4.2 pro. But Winamp was just upgraded to 5.32. Now eJukebox tries to load, gets to about 2/3 of the way and hangs. I have tried rebooting, unloading other tsr programs and still no help. :(
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-15-2007 at 12:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm..I am running winamp v5.32 and eJukebox with no problems. So the problem didn't occur for you until after the winamp upgrade? Are you sure it does not work when you shutdown eJukebox...start playing a mp3 in winamp and leave it open...and then start eJukebox? Make sure you only have one instance of winamp.exe running in taskmanager.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mkc2000

posted on 2-15-2007 at 12:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes I started Winamp first and playing a song then started eJukebox. There is only 1 winamp instance in taskmanager. eJukebox cpu usage is at 98-99% and frozen...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-15-2007 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What skin were you using? Maybe try a full install to C:\Program Files\eJukebox2\ and see how it goes.

mkc2000

posted on 2-15-2007 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Installing to c:\program Files\eJukebox2 worked but know I lost all my song database, art and info. If I run the original from c:\program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe it freezes up still but from c:\program Files\eJukebox2\ejukebox.exe works. How can I get all my database info back? (I have alot of songs and compilation settings that would take me a long time to redo from scratch...)
Thanks
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-15-2007 at 04:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To transfer the music database copy C:\program files\eJukebox\ejuke.asn and db.m3u to C:\program files\eJukebox2\ replacing the existing files.

mkc2000

posted on 2-15-2007 at 05:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I transfered the database and the playlist and it caused the new installation C:\program filese\Jukebox2 to lockup. So I loaded the playlist in Winamp and found that the songs were all pointing to the incorrect drive letter. All my music is on a USB drive that was H: and got renamed to M: when the USB drive was unplugged and plugged back in! Thanks again for the help and hopefully this will help others with the same problem ;)
BTW is there a way to view the ejuke.asn file for editing?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-15-2007 at 12:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : mkc2000
BTW is there a way to view the ejuke.asn file for editing?

It's a Access database..

:cool: Pirk
mkc2000

posted on 2-16-2007 at 03:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The database file is password protected. Are we able to have access to the password??
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-16-2007 at 03:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I do not recommend modifying the database in ms access. All you could modify is the file path, artist, song title, genre and year. The album, images, and compilation flags are linked in a way that makes it impossible to change. Use the eJukebox editor to make permanent changes for mp3 files.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats