Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Still don't get it
dwperry

posted on 12-6-2006 at 11:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still don't get it

Hi,

I'm trying to rip a few more CD's and I still don't understand why its a chore getting all the tags right and into EJ.

I'd use the internal ripper in EJ but unfortunately, as i mentioned in a previous post, the program shuts down when i try this (don't think this is an ej problem).

So I'm ripping using Win Amp (pro) and after ripping all the tags look right both in winamp and field properties.

However when I add the files into EJ only the track title and track number comes through. The album, year and genre are all blank :(

Its not a huge problem but it would certainly make me feel better to know why this is happening and if there's anything i can do about it!

Cheers
Fishy

posted on 12-6-2006 at 11:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are the files you're ripping ok? No glitches and such? It sounds like a hardware problem to me. My lense on my dvd-drive broke down a few weeks ago, and those were my first symptoms. If you can, try with another cd-rom/dvd-drive to see if that solves things.

Also remember that if it is a rare/local album, ejukebox will probably no find anything in CDDB anyway. That is a CDDB problem not a ejukebox problem.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-6-2006 at 11:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Make sure you are ripping to MP3 files and not OGG or another encoding format in winamp otherwise eJukebox will not be able to read the tags.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dwperry

posted on 12-7-2006 at 10:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. The files are standard MP3 files, there's nothing wrong with them (I have about 9000) and the tags are all there and correct - CDDB usually works but I often edit the genre etc in winamp before ripping.

After winamp has ripped, if i look in windows file properties advanced tab the tags are all there and look ok (see attached) and also through WinAmp's "View File Info" dialog all good.

When I add the files into EJ though only the title and track number comes through (even if i click the little reload data from current ID3 tag button). So i have to manually set these fields in EJ and then all is well.

Could it be the directory/file arrangement i have which is

Music\Artist\Album\## - Title.mp3

note that only the title and track number are in the filename which is all that comes into EJ

Dave

dwperry has attached this image:
fileprops.jpg - 39.36kb
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats