Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cant view certain album tracklistings
skid

posted on 11-21-2006 at 12:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cant view certain album tracklistings

When I am in album view there are three albums, all by the same artist, that show the artwork but when I click on the album covers it doesnt show the tracklisting for them. Anyone else had a problem like this?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-21-2006 at 01:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can you give specifics on the artist and album name?

Try this...go into the eJukebox options panel and Enable Fuzzy Songlist Results under the OTHER tab and see if the listing works.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dwperry

posted on 11-27-2006 at 09:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I get this as well (I'm at work right now so will try the fuzzy search tip later tonight and see if it works).

I have a few albums that when i click on the image in Album view the song list appears but with no songs. If i do a search on a part of the band or album name and then click on the artist or album it then seems to work. I tried renaming the artist and album for all songs but it still didn't work.

One album i know does this is "Antony and the Johnsons" by the band of the same name - so no weird characters. There are a couple of others too.

Perhaps removing the files and readding them would do something?
Well_Jaggy

posted on 11-27-2006 at 05:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have had this before. It was when I edited some of the tracks outwith E-Jukebox, then opened up e-jukebox again. what I did was as follows

Do a "Remove missing files"
then do an "add new music files", browsing to the folder containing the album that is causing you problems

then refresh your album list and that should be it sorted. If not then hopefully Audiosoft can find something else that could help
Fishy

posted on 11-27-2006 at 05:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also think this is related to renaming of albums and/or artists without following that up with a rebuild or "remove missing files" like Well Jaggy suggests. If all the editing was done within ejukebox, refreshing the albumlist should be enough.
In any case, Tools--> update music database --> rebuild database should fix things.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Well_Jaggy

posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That would also work, but be aware that if you have a LOT of songs i.e. into the tens of thousands then it can take some time to re-build the database.
dwperry

posted on 11-29-2006 at 07:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Right, I'm at home now and give some more info.

In the album list if i click the image then I get a blank song list however if a click the artist name above the image (remember- this is the same name as the album) then it works.

I tried to remove any songs from the database but it didn't find anything to remove. I have been editing some ID3 tags outside of EJ so maybe that is something to do with it.

I'll do a re-build but must admit to being ignorant of the consequences - are there any or is it totally safe?

Incidentally I've started using the 2Web interface and i get a similar problem when I choose certain artists from the drop down. Eg when I choose "Coldplay" it doesn't find any songs and displays "done, but with errors on page" on the status bar and doesn't return any results. This doesn't happen in EJ search proper.
skid

posted on 12-2-2006 at 04:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Can you give specifics on the artist and album name?

Try this...go into the eJukebox options panel and Enable Fuzzy Songlist Results under the OTHER tab and see if the listing works.

I took the checkmark off 'enable fuzzy songlist' and it now works.

The band was Law And Order
skid

posted on 2-28-2007 at 09:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A simple fix for bands like Y&T. If I add a space between the letters and the ampersand (ex. Y & T) the listing shows up fine.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats