Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The Album image as background function...
junk

posted on 5-24-2003 at 09:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Album image as background function...

The function "Tile Album images as background in Songlist" has potential, but very few albums look good when tiled. And also, it reminds me of the old days where you didn't have enough RAM to use a big image, so you had to tile.

What i'd like, is the image to be enlarged so you'd only see one cover. The album image should be proportionally resized to fit the song listing, it doesn't matter if the edges becomes cropped a bit.

Especially used along with the transparent song listing, the result would be awesome!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
junk

posted on 5-24-2003 at 12:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I made a mock-up example in photoshop, to show you what i mean.

junk has attached this image:
whisk-eJukebox_full_cover.jpg - 75.17kb
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
junk

posted on 5-24-2003 at 12:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hehe. Another thing. While doing the previous image, i thought of an additional function...

If you could set the transparency of the background image yourself (it's at 31% in the example below), and change the colors in the songlist (the .dis files) you could make your songlist look this way:

junk has attached this image:
whisk-eJukebox_full_cover_d.jpg - 77.62kb
junk

posted on 7-30-2003 at 07:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's been a while since i wrote this post, and i know more about the way eJukebox sorts out the album images now...

It would not make sense for eJukebox to save such a large image as a BMP on your HD, as it does with the other three image sizes.

One solution might be a realtime resizing when you enter the album... but it would slow things down a bit.

The other solution would be to save the large version of the image on the HD when updating the database, but as a highly compressed JPG. Guess that would give quick loading, and would not take much more HD space than usual.
Fishy

posted on 4-24-2004 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wholeheartly support this. I have been studying your mockup and yes it looks stunning. I can't get enought of that blending effect of the songlist into the coverart in the background. Looks neat :)

And ,as you pointed out, if those big images could be saved as highly compressed jpegs. It should not give much of a performance hit either! Resizing in realtime is probably a bad idea, guess it would make the loading process of the songlist quite heavy.

Nice mockup and 5 stars for the idea. It would give the skin design an "interactive feeling" :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats