Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: IE7 problems
DiamondDGX

posted on 9-19-2006 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IE7 problems

After my first time running the program, the Home screen presents a IE7 incomplatible problem. It also explains how to fix this issue by changing my internet options under scripting. And even after the changes the error is still sitting on my 'Home' screen. And even worse, almost no functions are working correctly due to this IE7 error. Someone help me please. Anything?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-19-2006 at 04:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
* Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab. Click Internet Zone icon, and then click the Custom level button.
* Scroll down to Allow status bar updates via script, select Enable, and then click OK until you return to Internet Explorer.

Click the Home button in eJukebox. If the warning message still appears Restart eJukebox. If it still does not work restart computer then run eJukebox.

If that doesn't do it there must be another IE7 security setting that needs changed. Probally something regarding 'javascript', 'vbscript' or 'scripting'.

Are you using IE7 RC1 or one of the Betas?

Does anyone have eJukebox working with IE7 RC1 installed? I know Beta 2 works good but have not tried it with RC1 yet.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DiamondDGX

posted on 9-19-2006 at 07:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for the reply, and i tried all those different options along with a few others and nothing got running.
By the way i have IE7 RC1. The program still gives me the error and not too many functions work. Carousel only shows about 3 album covers over and over, it seems messy. I really want to figure this out, anyone with help out there please let me know.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-19-2006 at 07:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are you sure you selected the Internet Zone and clicked custom level when you enabled "Allow status bar updates via script? If so maybe try selecting the other 3 zones and changing the custom level under those also.

I am using IE7 beta 2 here and i started eJukebox with "Allow status bar updates via script" Disabled under the Internet Zone. Got the warning message. Enabled "Allow status bar updates via script" and everything worked right away except I had to close the artist list by hitting its X then clicking the Artists Button at the top to reload it.

Well I am sure if there is an issue with IE7 RC1, I will be able to update eJukebox to work with it.

Until then you can easily revert back to IE6 and get eJukebox working by Uninstalling IE7:

1. Shutdown eJukebox
2. Go to Windows Control Panel
3. Click Add or Remove Programs
4. Click Show Updates checkbox
5. Click whatever version of IE7 you have. For example "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview"
6. Click the Change/Remove button

You will then be able to use eJukebox and Internet Explorer 6.
If you want tabbed browsing...download FireFox. It is much better than IE7 anyways and highly customizable. You can always reinstall IE7 later if you want.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-19-2006 at 11:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

I have IE7 installed, Version 7.0.5700.6, Update versions: Release Candidate. I suppose this is the RC1?
The fact remains that eJukebox works good on my PC with this version.

:cool: Pirk
DiamondDGX

posted on 9-19-2006 at 08:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, so i have to have some other issue on my PC. Because i decided to just go back to IE6...and the problem still stands. I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with my Zone Alarm. Although I gave EJ all allowed features in there...something has to be blocking EJ from running the way it should. Thanks for the help tho everybody, any other ideas are completely welcome.
Fishy

posted on 9-19-2006 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Exit zonealarm and kill the task named "vsmon.exe". Then zonealarm should be disabled. Or simply uninstall zonealarm and turn on the internal firewall in xp, in order to test whether that identifies the problem. Also check that you don't run multiple firewalls at once, since that is quaranteed to result in problems. I have had several problems with zonealarm being to restrictive myself. Even when the correct parameters were set.

Hope you'll figure it out.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-19-2006 at 09:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah ZoneAlarm gives a warning about eJukebox 'monitoring keystrokes and mousemovements'. You have to let eJukebox do this otherwise it will not know what you are doing. Don't worry it doesn't log any keystrokes or have any spyware. It just waits for relevant mouse movement and keystrokes only when eJukebox has focus.

Just rename ejukebox.exe to ejukebox4.exe under C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ and run it so that zone alarm prompts you again....i think there are 3 prompts you need to OK to allow eJukebox to do what it wants to do.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats