Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Songs keep repeating
VWBUG

posted on 9-4-2006 at 08:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Songs keep repeating

The last couple of times I have used EJukebox I have noticed that mid way through a playlist it keeps repeating the last two songs over and over until I skip past it. Anyone else getting this problem. It has only happened since installing version 4.

Made in Scotland
VWBUG

posted on 11-5-2006 at 08:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am still having problems with this, any suggestions as to why?

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-7-2006 at 05:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Make sure Winamp has playlist shuffle and looping DISABLED.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
crlove

posted on 11-8-2006 at 12:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
similar issue

It just started last week but now every so often 2 songs get stuck in the play list and won't go away. When the two songs have been played the player stops even if there are more songs in the playlist.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-8-2006 at 10:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
crlove,

2 songs in the eJukebox or winamp playlist? if you want to use the winamp playlist it is neccessary to disable the autoplay tabs and not put any songs in the eJukebox playlist...otherwise it will override the winamp playlist.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
VWBUG

posted on 11-8-2006 at 11:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah both were disabled.

It does not happen all the time and once it has been skipped past it is ok until restarted.

Made in Scotland
crlove

posted on 11-9-2006 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
more details

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
crlove,

2 songs in the eJukebox or winamp playlist?

Actually the songs were showing up in both. I could delete them winamp playlist but they kept showing up. Could never figure out to delete a song from the playlist. I need to checkk the manual maybe it mentions how. I deleted the winamp.m3u in the winamp directory that didn't seem to help. It seemed if I restarted eJukebox after the m3u was gone I could get it to work. It hasn't happened again if it does I'll right down the proper procedure to get out of the loop.
skid

posted on 12-2-2006 at 04:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by VWBUG
The last couple of times I have used EJukebox I have noticed that mid way through a playlist it keeps repeating the last two songs over and over until I skip past it. Anyone else getting this problem. It has only happened since installing version 4.

This has happened to me, but isnt just a version 4 problem. For some reason certain songs (and it is the same ones every time) will hang up the playlist.

If a song that is 'up next' appears without the artwork being shown...it will hang the playlist.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-3-2006 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Go under the Sound option tab in eJukebox and enable "Prevent Playback Stoppage". You will still be able to Pause but if something is wrong with the mp3 file and the music stops it will force the next song to play.

VWBUG

posted on 2-26-2007 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The songs dont stop they just keep repeating.

Made in Scotland
rllercstr7

posted on 2-26-2007 at 05:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft I still notice that eJukebox seems to have its own favorite artists and songs. For instance it will try to play the same song twice within a couple hor time period or will try playing 4 songs or so from the same artist. It seems to like the same things each time I start it up. Can you make the autoplay modes so that they won't play a song twice until every possible song fitting the play modes criteria has been played even in between restarting the program. It would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-26-2007 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

Have you tried making your autoplay settings less restrictive so that more songs are available for it to select from? As it is now it is coded to not repeat an autoplay pick in the same eJukebox session until all the others songs been played or shown under now up next and skipped.

Dyno Don

posted on 2-26-2007 at 11:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just reporting in, I still get the very same song as the first up whenever I start the eJ. Right now it is VERY fond of the Eurythmics. It plays the same song as the first song if none are left in the playlist. Eventually something makes it pick another.... but it will still be a Eurythmics tune. For a while it was AC DC, that was ok, but the Eurythmics...! Help :)

Not a serious bug, but it seems related. I also agree it seems to like some tunes over others, replaying a tune before playing one once from a popular setting. If I have say at least 3 times and the max for most, I have 1350 tunes, each played at least three times. But it obviously plays the same song twice within hours or less. Again not a biggie, but strange.

Don
rllercstr7

posted on 2-27-2007 at 12:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm, it is already not very restrictive. 2,115 song fit the criteria for the play mode. It just seems to always play lots of steve winwood (I only have 2 songs by him) and a few other bands on ocassion altering to something that actually is totally random. Its almost like it uses a very similar algorythm each time it starts. Maybe this is why it seems the same songs/artists are being played very often, because I probably open and close eJukebox 5 times a day since my machine is not a dedicated jukebox.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats