Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ogg Vorbis support?
morn

posted on 5-21-2003 at 04:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ogg Vorbis support?

The feature list mentions support for Ogg Vorbis. However, eJukebox (current version, just downloaded it) doesn't seem to import any of my Ogg Vorbis files. It also doesn't seem to be able to extract information from them when I manually play them.

With MP3 files, everything works as expected. However, large parts of my collection are stored as Ogg Vorbis. :-\

Any ideas?

Edit: The version I'm using is 3.12 (just to avoid future confusion)
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member morn's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-21-2003 at 04:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox should import files .ogg files on database setup. However, eJukebox does not support Ogg Vorbis tags so song titles and artist information will try to be determined from the file name. Any changes to the song info using eJukebox's editor will be saved to eJukebox's database and not to the tag when it is a Ogg Vorbis. Hopefully we will eventually be able to add support for Ogg Vorbis tags.

If the files are not being imported they will be when you play an .ogg in winamp for the first time when eJukebox is running.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morn

posted on 5-21-2003 at 05:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Hopefully" doesn't really make it sound like full Ogg Vorbis support is going to happen anytime soon. :-/

I really like eJukebox, but it's not really of much use to me if it can't properly handle 80% of my music. I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait with my purchase until it has Ogg Vorbis support.

Anyhow, apart from this issue, I'm amazed by eJukebox. Keep up the good work!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member morn's ICQ status
jacoblo33

posted on 6-8-2003 at 07:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can add my name to the list of those wanting full ogg vorbis support
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats