Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: VIDEO... and a few other things
lucky-7

posted on 5-21-2003 at 11:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
VIDEO... and a few other things

Sorry bout the long post feel free to give me all the hassle you want.

-::- Request 1 -::-

Hey guys. Wicked Product, one of the few I will even purchase (don't lie, I know most of you did an astalavista search too!!) Hopefully I can find some cash in the next few weeks before it runs out. Test drove EJ at a flatwarming party the other day.. worked AWESOME, only major setback.. about 50/50 of my music collection is video files. Even if I could play just the audio - albeit kinda lame, that would rule, but if the video could run in a kiosk window that fullscreened after so long of inactivity... should you sit down to queue up some songs it would shrink down to a small window then pop up again after the songs were picked and no mouse movement! Mostly I just wanna use in kiosk.

Oh yeah, and although it is kinda tough, its pretty easy to ctrl-alt-delete eJ outta there in kiosk, it would be cool if that could SOMEHOW be made a lot more difficult!? If not, then someone please tell me how to disable CTRL-alt-delete so I dont have wankers downloading gay [Censored] trying to be funny next time I throw a shaker...btw - wicked program guys.

-::- Request 2 -::-

A way that I can just click a few buttons and have EJ just chug along and grab all the album info and other stuff from all my files? Cuz I know its missing a lot of artists and stuff that have MAYBE been poorly named, but with 50,000 Music vids n songs altogether Im just not gonna start making it all perfect, although EJ does do a damned fine job of all the things I've tried - ONCE YOU CLICK PLAY.... I just want a way where I can leave it for an hour to grab all the info it possibly can on every single song.... That would be cool .. just like a 'We're going to now coallate your feces' and it does...

-::- Request 3 -::-

1 word. Skins. I'm desparate for a new project so I'll make your 'official' ones if ya want or at least fill a Skins part of your website and write the "ID ten T" files for it (write it out in numbers and letters if you're confused), just lemme know how ya made it. Skins make the world go round my friends, then people can have whatever 'feel' of an interface they want. Especially if buttons etc could all be resized/transparency.... I realize this one could be a [Censored], but still i reckon it'd be worth it... I'd even lend a hand as I have bugger all to do now the semesters over, and a team of guys that need a project -- we're about to start a regional-based p2p type prog if anyone else wants to help. For those of us who have limited international but UNlimited national traffic and still enjoy their music vids n stuff :) sorry... gettin sidetracked. Yea, skins, good idea.

Anyone who reads this please just say yay or nay as to let me (and the great gals n gents @ audiosoft) know if Im way out of line!?

BTW guys, sorry to get all sort of 'in-your-face' but on another note. This program, as it is in my v. 3.12 is one of the sweetest programs I have ever downloaded... it is definitely up there even with winamp. So, good work guys, even if you brush me off, keep doin what yer doin!!

Cheers!

...Canadian living like a Kiwi...

Don't sh1t where you eat
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
lucky-7

biggrin.gif posted on 5-21-2003 at 12:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1 more thing..

I just skulled my kahlua and realized one more feature that would be really mean would be a mini-KaZaa or whatever type of interface.

Basically just grab the basics of your settings for a few different fileshares so that it knows how to log on and where to download a file to... then just make a tiny interface where you can only do a search and it only returns max 30 results so it doesnt bugger with bandwidth too much and then pops the downloaded file into the queue wherever approtiate... a few settings included could be like checkboxes to limit what types of files to include, wma's, waves, mpegs, avis -- should you decide to put video on wink wink nudge nudge) alloted HD space or DL max for EJ downloads - per session or total

So, essentially... you can put the kiosk on at a party, attach my 100" conversion box (yes, they do work), people can play their music & VIDEOS wink wink nudge nudge, if I dont have it, they can download it... I can set my EJ to look like Ancient Greece at my Toga party, or Budweiser at my Kegger then even if I'm passed out and people are downloading every episode of the Sopranos at 1024 x 768 then EJ will tell them to bugger off.... BTW - feel free to email me, or better yet, MSN - I'm a hermit during the week.

Don't sh1t where you eat
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
snakeman65

posted on 3-30-2004 at 11:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi, Has the video support been looked at yet? I only need to be able to add videos to the database as I use a multi-monitor setup to house the video window.

Also, I have noticed a button to remove played video files. Have I missed something? How do you add them in the first place? A little more description of the buttons would be appreciated.

If video support can be sorted, i'll buy this program for sure!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-31-2004 at 12:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Currently, you have to add video files to the database one at a time by playing each video in Winamp5 while eJukebox is running.

Once the video is in eJukebox you can drag its "play icon" from the songlist and drop it in the songlist to watch the video inside eJukebox's songlist panel. If you click the "play icon" or add the video to eJukebox playlist it will play the video in Winamp's Video window.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snakeman65

posted on 3-31-2004 at 09:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Would it be possible to manually edit the database to add these? I have over 500 music videos so don't really want to play each one manually. There is a db.m3u file. Is this where the program gets its file info from or is it from one of the other files?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-31-2004 at 01:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The db.m3u file is not the database itself. It is just a file that allows eJukebox to be able to quickly recognize new music files (files that are not in the db.m3u) when doing an add new songs update.

We will be adding better video support to v4.0. With that version eJukebox will be able to add movie files during a database update/new file search. Currently it only finds and adds music files.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snakeman65

posted on 4-5-2004 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is there a release schedule or beta for version 4?

I can't really use this at the moment as I can't wait until all 300 of my videos (did a recount!) have played in Winamp and i'd like my whole collection available for my parties!

Other than this, great program! And i've gotta give you kudos for the speed of support!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats