Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Still confused about compilations
IBMuser

posted on 8-17-2006 at 07:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still confused about compilations

I still can't figure out how compilations work. I know I must mark compilation check box in tag editor in order to see all tracks under correct album. When I do so, eJukebox adds tag "asncomp=1" into ID-header.

Why is this compilation tag needed? If several tracks contain same album name (even though artist name varies), isn't it obvious that they belong to same album? Why doesn't eJukebox group them automatically?

If this approach doesn't work (several albums using same name, like "Greatest hits"?), why IDV3 still doesn't offer standardized solution to this problem? We could for example define new tag called UniqueAlbumIdentifier and assign arbitrary numerical value for it. All individual mp3-files sharing this tag and number would belong to same album no matter what album name or artist name tags says.

Apple iTunes also has compilation check box when ripping cds, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with eJukebox.
IBMuser

posted on 8-17-2006 at 10:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
iTunes seems to use TCMP tag

which is non-standard, but widely recognized (at least Tag & Rename uses it, several others also).

In iTunes own database (iTunes Music Library.xml) there appears to be Boolean value "<key>Compilation</key><true/>" for the same purpose.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-17-2006 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do me a favor and post/attach an mp3 with the TCMP itunes compilation tag and I will see if I can update eJukebox so it recognizes mp3s tagged like that as compilations when they are added to the music database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krobar

posted on 8-27-2006 at 04:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IBMuser,

Thanks for posting the info on the tags, I can finally sort them out quickly using MP3Tag. I just add a custom tag and I can set 50 or so V2 tagged various albums to "1" in a couple of minutes.

I have one issue though, I use alot of APE files with EJ that work very nicely and are lossless but can only use ID3 V1 or APE tagging. EJ seems to be able to set them to compilation but I cannot create this from MP3Tag since it knows APE files only support V1 tagging.

Audiosoft,

I think I'm right in saying only V2 supports cutom headers, any chance EJ could respond to something in the comments field for V1 tagged files? Or even better any chance of Ape V2 tagging support being added?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats