Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: New Player Controls
rllercstr7

posted on 7-29-2006 at 05:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
New Player Controls

The new control buttons that are in the current beta are really nice, but there are lots of jagged edges around the play button. I have edited the necesary images to make it look smoother. Simpy put the attached files in eJukebox's images directory.

Audiosoft I came across one small issue while doing this. If you use my new images, then open eJukebox and play a song everything looks ok. However when the timer goes past the half way mark and over the controls the black line it is traveling on raises up 1 or 2 pixels. I played around with the timeelapsed files hoping to lower the highlighted version of the bar by a few pixels but it didn't seem to help. How would I go about doing that? Thanks!

Attachment: Player Controls.rar (30.51kb)
This file has been downloaded 931 times

rllercstr7

posted on 7-29-2006 at 05:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is a picture of the problem before and after the timer has crossed the masked area. Also if you make the now playing area as small as it goes the controls float up into the now playing area and looks wierd.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Time Bar.jpg - 38.75kb
CiXel

posted on 7-29-2006 at 05:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by rllercstr7
Also if you make the now playing area as small as it goes the controls float up into the now playing area and looks wierd.

Yeah, it also then blocks Album name and often the bottom of the album cover. I tried to pull the boundary down to give it more room but it wouldn't let me unless I made it wider as well. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE them. We used them all evening and those bigger buttons made a big difference (No one but me noticed the chopped off stuff ;). One girl who was over commented that the PLAY NOW and espeically the artist alphabetical listing could be more finger friendly. She had never used the system before. Just an observation.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-29-2006 at 07:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

Your new mask is leaving too much of the non button parts of your images visible (the playtime slider). This is not a good idea because it will look odd when eJukebox's now playing width is reduced all the way. The mask needs to match the buttons shape at least when what is around/underneath might look different than what is in your images. Keep at it. It is possible to make the edges look smoother than in originals and have it work as good.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
maskinfo.jpg - 28.89kb

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 7-29-2006 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The issue comes in when you hover over the button and the image with the greenish highlighting is activated. My mask is exactly the same size as the buttons when the highlighting around the edges is activated. I can easilly make the mask the exact size of just the button with no highlighting, but then the higlighting is masked and you can't see it when you hover over or click on the button so the mask must be that big to use the highlighted edges effect. Is it possible to have ejukebox use a different mask when the controls are moved up because the window is too small to display them?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-29-2006 at 07:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah I ran into that highlighting issue when I was implementing the buttons. I had it working with a seperate mask image file for when it is highlighted but it was kind of annoying the way the button got bigger (covered up more of what is above and below) when you moused over it. I decided it looked highlighted enough with the same mask. The ring around the play/pause is not important since the images themeselves change color. You probally could make the highlighted play/pause button smaller so that the ring shows.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 9-26-2006 at 07:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
I had an idea for player controls of a new shape; almost like an eyeball. Its a little different, but I think in a good way. When I created the flash version of the current controls you mentioned not wanting to tie up skinability by using an swf. Is there any way for me to try making something new and get them into eJukebox since they wouldn't be the same size as the old buttons etc? I posted a very rough 5 min sketch of what I had in mind. The middle is of course play and left and right are previous and next. If you would like me to try a certain color scheme let me know.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Eyeball Controls.jpg - 24.65kb
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats