Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: EJ in two monitors (extended desktop) resize problem
Yogui

puzzled.gif posted on 7-5-2006 at 03:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EJ in two monitors (extended desktop) resize problem

Hi all,

I’m using EJ and the extend desktop feature in Win XP (Control Panel>Display>Proprieties>extend my desktop on this monitor)

I use Windows etc on the primary monitor 19 inches 1280x1024 at 32bit and eJukebox on the 2nd one 15 inches 1024x768 at 16bit (sometimes 800x600 or 32 bit but it does not matter)

The problems are:

1. I can not maximize or do full screen on the 2nd monitor (EJ goes to the primary one)
2. When EJ starts it does not positioned the window where it was when I close last time.
3. I have to manually match the EJ window with the 2nd monitor size.
4. Even in kiosk mode I can not maximize it and the window can be moved/resized accidentally.

Every time I start EJ I have to move the EJ window to the 2nd monitor and be careful not to move/resize the panels etc

I tried to set small monitor as primary but then any message from anything appears on it and it’s very annoying. I don’t want a dedicated computer cause its expensive and with Control Panel>tweak UI>mouse-X is possible to set the mouse to automatically change the active window when is moved it to EJ (I love it)

Any ideas the issues 1 to 4?

Thanks, Yogui.

PD: Thanks Audiosoft!!! I love eJukebox!!!
Dyno Don

posted on 7-6-2006 at 05:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I understand your pain. I would love to spread ej across two monitors. But like in gaming, as soon as you maximize the window, it switches to the primary display.

I would say you should try to run the same reso on both, it will help with resizing.

I run a 26" monitor running at only 1024 as my primary, and play vidoes next to it on a HD display running 1920. You should see the size difference there!

Don
Yogui

posted on 7-6-2006 at 11:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Don,

I'm actually NOT trying to spread EJ on both screens.

I use EJ on 2nd monitor and the rest on PC on 1st.

Having both on the same resolution makes easier to move etc but I like EK on 800 or 1024 and Windows in 1280 (native on the 19 in primary screen)

Audiosoft, is it possible to do something about this?

Thanks, Yogui.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dyno Don
I understand your pain. I would love to spread ej across two monitors. But like in gaming, as soon as you maximize the window, it switches to the primary display.

I would say you should try to run the same reso on both, it will help with resizing.

I run a 26" monitor running at only 1024 as my primary, and play vidoes next to it on a HD display running 1920. You should see the size difference there!

Don
Yogui

eureka.gif posted on 8-30-2006 at 11:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Scrip to move window

Finally I've found something it works (at least OK for me)

If someone is interested find attached a scrip with works with www.autohotkey.com
You can check it before running it with notepad.
You have to associate .ahk with the software you download from the website.
Some day (when I know I’m going to use it for a long time) I’ll compile it to and .exe and post it.

Cheers, Yogui.

Attachment: eJuke 800x600.ahk (1.02kb)
This file has been downloaded 942 times

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats