Top 3 (60%) ----------------------
Bottom 2 (40%) ---------------

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Top or Bottom?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

puzzled.gif posted on 6-29-2006 at 10:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Top or Bottom?

What do you think should be the default position for the album carousel?

Attached is a screenshot of eJukebox 4.0 alpha 5 using a new skin I am working on.

Changes in alpha 5 include the removal of the empty space above and below the albums in the carousel. This makes the carousel much shorter so that is looks good at 800x600 and the albums in the carousel are the same size as before. Plus the carousel uses more of the width so that it can now show 10 albums instead of 9. I am looking into supporting even more than 10. I will put up alpha 5 for download next week after I make some more improvements

Also, let me know what you think of this skin.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
toporbottom.jpg - 608.78kb

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Willum

posted on 6-29-2006 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Top (Please ;)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-29-2006 at 07:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm, what would you think of.. center?! :D
Well, I don't know.. but until now I incline towards Bottom for my own skin. But your skin looks good too with the carousel on Top!

I'm glad that you work on supporting more albums in the carousel. :) I'm longing to try all these improvements!

Your "new" skin? Well I love all the new transparenies effects. It's a bit like in Vista! ;)

:cool: Pirk
rllercstr7

posted on 6-30-2006 at 02:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I vote for the carosel at the top. It gets more attention there and really brings out eJukebox's uniqueness.
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2006 at 02:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still hope that the carousel will be available somehow to those of us that tend to keep the albumlist open. At least in the new homeview :) The Skin looks good. Neat and clean. As I view ejukebox, the looks and skins are it's least urgent need.

Don't want to be harsh.

The carousel is cool and the skin looks neat. But, from my point of view there are too many performance issues and other bug reports that are still reported and not fixed in the forums. Those really need attention. Sure hope that many of the bugs/suggestions will get attention/become fixed before 4.0 is released, no point in mentioning old stories all over again.. I hope for about 10 or 20 alphas of 4.0 :) Sorry if I expect much... I understand that there are limitations of what one person can do, but some of the bugs described during the latest years urgently need attention. That is my point of view. Why bring along those things that people will continue to nag about over to a new generation of ejukebox?

I think it would be better to systematically browse the forums and fix up everything that people keep complaing about, and add some new features (like the carousel, a better playlist, a better skin etc)...To me 4.0 don't need to be a revolution, as long as it fixes some/most of the ancient bugs and adds some cool features along the way... My point of view. There are a lot of good bug reports, feature descriptions and image suggestions in these forums... Some of them are really old, but still valid :)

Thanks.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-30-2006 at 03:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

I understand you don't care much about the carousel because you use the album list like me...but I think it will help eJukebox sales and inturn keep me in business so I can hunt down and kill all the bugs. I would love to have 20 betas but I really need to put it up sooner or later so new users can get something better than v3.999. So maybe 10 alphas and 2 betas. :P Hopefully I can squash them all but if not there is always 4.1. I am about done working on the carousel for now...what do you want me to concentrate on next: bugs or larger play controls? If it is bugs can you give me your top 5?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2006 at 03:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The albumlist is the reason why I started to use ejukebox. After you implemented the keyboard shortcuts in it I have been addicted. We are inseperatable and I just like to see it evolve. Sorry for being selfish :)

haha.. You and I know that we both want small bug fixes and large play controls. Give us as many alphas and betas you can get, without robbing a bank. If you really intend to use 10 alphas and 2 betas I will get back to the bugs.. I am also sure that Pirk will be active on everyones behalf :)

Thanks for keeping the software updated by the way. Just wanted to attract attention against the other things in the forums, there are a lot of information in here worthy attention

To be honest I would like you to launch attention against large play control, and thereafter aim to kill smaller and larger bugs described in the forums. Do whatever feels right, as long as you keep updating this brilliant idea of yours we are all happy... The concept of ejukebox has always been, and still is unique.. She is always hungry of improvement :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
skid

posted on 6-30-2006 at 08:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it looks better on top
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-30-2006 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good talk Fishy! She is hungry.. :P :o

Audiosoft,

So, here is the "Golden" eJukebox Roadmap:
1) Finish the carousel in order to boost summer sales! :cool:
2) While you was at it, add large play controls. I'm sure that will contribute to promote sales if they are well designed and trendy, because the current ones are really too small and so old-fashioned..
3) Fix all the bugs that dissuade new users from buying eJukebox: That will strengthen sales in the long term. (See my Top 5)
4) Add the small album images in the playlist: From then on sales should reach heights!! ;)

Bug Top 5:
#1 - Importation of non-mp3 files:
Please, finalize a FULL "No Tag" method. Currently it's SUCH A PAIN to have to refix them manually (Track# and AlbumYear are not extracted..) each time we need to create a new database (files moved..).

#2 - Autoplay startup bugs:
When you start eJukebox in autoplay CUSTOM or BOOKMARK modes without the "start playback on startup" option checked, the next song area is empty or sometimes it just duplicates the now playing song. The forward button is anactive: eJukebox is STUCKED from the start!! What a advertising...

#3 - The genre and year buttons should be nonfuzzy independent of the conditions (e.g. the albumlist open)

#4 - The "The" in the Albumlist:
The Rolling Stones are displayed under "T" instead of "R". This occurs for all the "The" artists..

#5 - If several albums from different artists have the same name (Greatest Hits, Best Of..) only one album is displayed in the albumlist, others are ignored!

#6 - In the editor, the "double click to go file" launch windows media player (only with Windows Vista..)

Fishy

posted on 7-1-2006 at 01:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My top 5:

1. When you launch a fullscreen 3d application (i.e. a game) ejukebox automatically resizes itself when you exit the 3d application.

2. Hiding of duplicates in the songlist should be optional. That also goes for excluding songs of small sizes.

3. The genre and year buttons should be nonfuzzy independent of the conditions (e.g. the albumlist open)

4. Textfiles (or a similar system) for being able to read/write tags to ogg, wma and ape seems essential.

5. Artistnames with international characters are for some reason always lowercased.

Those bugs mentioned by Pirk should also be looked into. Thanks!

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-1-2006 at 10:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
3. The genre and year buttons should be nonfuzzy independent of the conditions (e.g. the albumlist open)

Of course Fishy I agree, this one is very important: Currently, when you click one a genre the albumlist displays anything at all.. I've edited my Top 5! :)

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats