Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Image FTP upload freezes now?
Khirsah

puzzled.gif posted on 5-8-2006 at 11:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Image FTP upload freezes now?

Has the FTP upload of the cover art changed in the recent versions? It seems to freeze when trying to upload images now suddenly. I'm not sure if it only does it when its trying to look up cover art on the net while its trying to upload or not. I've rebuilt the database and it didnt help. What seems to fix it is FTPing into my server and deleting the .jpg image it uploaded from before and then telling it to upload again. If I dont delete the image, it crashes.

Any Ideas?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-8-2006 at 11:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It is working good here.
Upgrade to v3.999 and see if that fixes it.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Khirsah

posted on 5-9-2006 at 06:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well installed to .999 had ended up crashing a lot. Ended up having to do a startup in 'last known good configure' to come back up. Nothing was working.

I ended up turning off the FTP uploader for the mean time. I must say that I have having lots of problems with my ISP crapping out / going super slow (dang Comcast!!). I changed my router in hopes of clearing up the issue but no luck. The crashing started after that.

Unsure if it crashes because the FTP sometimes never comes back with a -ls command and just sits there till you repeat - or if the router might be blocking something it used to have.

Leaning more towards the FTP timing out and eJukeBox hanging till it gets a response of some sort. The FTP works just fine in normal apps such as SmartFTP/FileZilla/Command Line.

What kind of error handling does the FTP part of eJukeBox have?

Turned on 'run in ram' mode and it seems ok with FTP off..
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-9-2006 at 08:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Make sure your firewall is not blocking eJukebox.

Does it work if you click Test for the FTP transfer? It should work the same since nothing has been changed with that feature.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Khirsah

posted on 5-9-2006 at 06:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah if I delete the ejukebox.jpg on the remote server and then click test ftp settings inside of ejukebox, it works just fine and uploads the new ejukebox.jpg file. This continues to work for some time. Either my cable craps out a bit and it times out, or it times out while trying to look up album art online for a new song and then freezes the upload.

The router isnt blocking port 21 and can FTP normally on all boxes in the network.
Khirsah

posted on 5-19-2006 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Long story short, it was FTP problems with my host. Switched it to another host and it cleared up. The FTP server would randomly stop responding in the middle of a connection and freeze EJ..
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats