Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Add some style... a background image in the albumlist
junk

posted on 5-16-2003 at 07:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Add some style... a background image in the albumlist

I'd like eJukebox to support having an image as well as a background color in the albumlist... this shouldn't be too hard to implement, i think...

What i want, is eJukebox to support a background image that would stay fixed while scrolling... that way, i could make a cool background image, using shadows and light in the edges, etc...
Sort of a very easy "skin" function, but i really only need it in the album list, and it would make a *big* difference in the coolness possibilities of eJukebox.

I'd be happy to share my work, ofcourse... and others would most likely come up with cool images as well... i guess some would make really stylish [Censored], brushed metal, sci-fi stuff.... while others would have a picture of their favourite artist, girlfriend, dog or whatever.. but it would be really cool, personal, and open up a wider range of design possibilities..
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-16-2003 at 08:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can already set a background image for the album list that stays fixed.:D

Right click the Albums tab at the top or click the Options button that shows when you are viewing the album list. Then click the "Display Options" button in the bottom right hand corner of the album list options. The simply click in the Background Image box to select your background image. When its all set click "Refresh List" to see your changes.

Please feel free to share your background images in the forums. We and I am sure other users would appreciate it.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 5-16-2003 at 08:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What can i say.. i am very positively surprised! :) I look forward to experimenting with this today!

Where in the forum should i post the images?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-16-2003 at 06:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can post them right here in the forums. If you can upload the images somewhere on the web you can use the "Insert an Image" button when you create a post to display an image in a post.

If you can't upload the images somewhere on the web you can email any images to contact@audiosoft.net and we will do it for you.

Who knows...if someone creates a really great background for the album list we may include it as the default or included optional background in a future version of eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jhlurie

posted on 5-16-2003 at 07:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Usually the best bet for some kind of default is either something abstract or a fancied-up version of the company name, product name, or logo.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-16-2003 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Personally, I use this background image for the album list. I think the contrast to the albums is very good and it's fine with the color style of eJukebox. I have tried differents images, but I always return to this one.

Pirk

Pirk has attached this image:
Falaise dans les nuages.jpg - 122.33kb
junk

posted on 5-20-2003 at 01:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's my first attempt at a dark, cool background... it's an image i scanned many years ago, by putting a dark plastic bag inside the scanner.

I've added some shading along the left and top edges, so it would fit eJukebox better.

junk has attached this image:
whisk_dark_plastic.jpg - 86.2kb
Rich

posted on 5-30-2003 at 06:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's an image that I found somewhere on the net. I can't give credit for the first one because I don't know where it came from. Originally it was 1024x768. I trimmed it for eJukebox.

Rich has attached this image:
ejback.jpg - 61.52kb
Rich

posted on 5-30-2003 at 06:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This one was randomly created using a free program called n_gen, which is available at http://www.n-generate.com/

Rich has attached this image:
ejukebck.jpg - 57.71kb
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats