Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.998 -> v4.1 BugList:
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-30-2006 at 10:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.998 -> v4.1 BugList:

1) A white flash appears on track changes in the now playing, the playlist and songlist panels: [Fixed in v3.999 Beta7]
This bug appeared rescently, well maybe not! But it is related to the use of filters in skins...
Maybe a solution could be that we can choose the color of the flash in our skins, if the flash itself can't be avoid? Because it's not always possible to remove the filters...

2) eJukebox hides the Windows taskbar: [Fixed in v3.999 Beta6]
**** This bug doesn't occur if you have your Windows taskbar "Always visible", but still OCCURS if you have only checked "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" ****
The eJukebox window, when it is maximized (from a smaller size) allow the taskbar to show up normally, but once it has been reduced and restored it masks the taskbar.
I notice the maximized eJ window doesn't fill the entire screen: It remains 1 row of pixels at the bottom. In fact the eJ window just moves 1 pixel up. Is it to keep the taskbar visible?
OK, that doesn't bother me, but the only problem is: Once eJ has been restored from the taskbar, the eJ window M-O-V-E-S 1 pixel D-O-W-N and it H-I-D-E-S the taskbar!
NB: I've already checked the Windows taskbar property: "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows". Unfortunetly, that doesn't solve the problem...

3) The up next area is empty on startup: [Fixed in v4.2!]
When I start eJukebox in autoplay CUSTOM or BOOKMARK modes without the "start playback on startup" option checked, the next song area is empty or sometimes it just duplicates the now playing song. The forward button is anactive.
NB: This is a very old bug! :( Here is a SUMMARY of where we were at the last news... :
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Quote:

So I think others users don't have this bug because probably they don't have their "start playback on startup" option unchecked.

Ah...nice work Pirk... that is it! :D
I can actually duplicate the problem now! I will try to get it working for when 'start playback on startup' is disabled.

Quote:

Ah... Ok, it's another bug caused by the same issue!

Yes it is all related the way the currently playing and first song in the playlist are initialized in EJ at startup. When there is no current song set EJ gets confused.

Audiosoft,
Have you make some progress concerning this bug?

4) The now playing image GROW out of control...: [Fixed in v3.999 Beta6]
**** This bug occurs only partially if you have your Windows taskbar "Always visible" ****
When eJ starts, or when it is maximized, or also when the resizing vertical bar is moved: Maybe a drift caused by a wrong calculation?
NB: The smallest image size is not affected by this bug!
NB2: The taskbar "Always visible" doesn't solve the problems at startup and when the vertical bar is moved! Sorry if it's so complex..

5) The tracks # are not extracted from the file names for non-mp3 files: [Fixed in v4.1]
Each time I add non-mp3 files to eJukebox all the infos are correctly extracted from the file names EXCEPT the tracks #! Why??
I name my non-mp3 files as recommended: track# - artist - title.xxx, but eJukebox seems to ignore the track#. It appears none track# in eJukebox, the corresponding field in the songlist is empty!

Is this a bug or a deliberate omission?!

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Rankled

posted on 5-1-2006 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't see a white flash

I am playing songs as I write this reply and my system doesn't display a white flash during track changes. FYI, I am using the default skin. Could this be a skin issue rather than an EJukebox issue?

As far as the task bar being hidden, EJukebox has always performed this way for me an I took it for granted that this was the way it was meant to be. I am pretty used to it by now. I either use the "windows hot key" or -<alt> tab- to navigate in and out of EJ.

I haven't paid much attention to issues 3, 4 & 5. I don't know where I myself stand on those issues. On my system issue #1 doesn't seem to exist and I was never concerned with issue #2.

In a situation where seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, Dedicated EJukeBox PC, Processor:AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHZ CPU Quad core, MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-Mlx, Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB, M-Audio 40 active monitors
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 08:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rankled,

The white flash is only shocking with a dark skin, and that only occurs if you use a skin with some css filters in the now playing, the playlist or the songlist panel. The good Arctic skin combines all these conditions.. Of course if you use the default skin or the silvertunes skin this problem is not a obviousness!
To summarize: Dark page + css filter(s) -> white flash on track change!

Quote:
I either use the "windows hot key" or -<alt> tab- to navigate in and out of EJ

I also proceed like that, but it's not normal... eJukebox is the ONLY program which locks the taskbar, apart some old DOS programs in windows 98!! It's not a nuisance if you have a dedicated PC for eJukebox, but if like me you run it on your main PC.. it's damned pain!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-1-2006 at 08:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

I have no idea what you are guys are talking about with the taskbar. Can you give me a screenshot?

The 1 pixel between the taskbar and eJukebox is required for eJukebox to be able to resize vertically by dragging the bottom bar. Otherwise eJukebox will ALWAYS shrink the height when you try to drag the bottom border. For example, it needs the 1 pixel to be able to drag to if you try to resize the height when you have eJukebox not at full height and aligned with the bottom. Hard to explain exactly but there is no way around the 1 pixel bottom border except for going into full screen.

I will look into the other stuff and fixing the flicker for dark skins.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Really? If you read my #3 and its quoted lines, I thought you was already aware.. :o [edit] Well, sorry in fact I confused #2 & #3..

A screenshot? Well it's not easy to show a 1 pixel hidden row, but here we go.. :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Before the bug occurs:

Pirk has attached this image:
Before the bug occurs.jpg - 846.49kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After I've restored eJ:

After I've restored eJ.jpg - 848.97kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And you win a piece of my new skin! :o

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Right Click the Windows Start Button
Select Properties

Check "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Concerning the #2 bug:
Why the eJ window moves DOWN of 1 pixel??????

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Pirk,

Right Click the Windows Start Button
Select Properties

Check "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows"

Audiosoft, this option is already checked.. since a long time. :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 09:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
The 1 pixel between the taskbar and eJukebox is required for eJukebox to be able to resize vertically by dragging the bottom bar.
Otherwise eJukebox will ALWAYS shrink the height when you try to drag the bottom border. For example, it needs the 1 pixel to be able to drag to if you try to resize the height when you have eJukebox not at full height and aligned with the bottom. Hard to explain exactly but there is no way around the 1 pixel bottom border except for going into full screen.

OK..
I'm not bothered because of the 1 pixel row, not at all! If you need to keep a row of 1 pixel hidden at the top and 1 free row at the bottom, why not if it's necessary.
But why, after eJ has been restored, the entire eJ window MOVES (ITSLEF) DOWN of 1 pixel - and so HIDES the task bar!! ?? I think THIS DOWN MOVE CAUSE the bug!
:o
I don't see any reason for a down move of the eJ window after it is restored which ending to mask the task bar! I don't think that move is intentional or necessary?

PS: What is sure is that I would not do a good teacher... :( :(

Quote:
I will look into the other stuff and fixing the flicker for dark skins.

Thanks! :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 10:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
The 1 pixel between the taskbar and eJukebox is required for eJukebox to be able to resize vertically by dragging the bottom bar.

Exactly Audiosoft,

The problem is: after I restored eJ from the taskbar, we LOSE these 1 pixel between the taskbar and eJukebox.. THIS, is the BUG!

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 11:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

I've just noticed that the bugs #2 and #4 don't occur if I set my Windows taskbar as "Always visible"!

I suppose YOU have your taskbar always visible... Mine is "Always on top" but also "Automatically Hidden". :cool:

Fishy

posted on 5-1-2006 at 11:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My taskbar always shows when I have the "keep taskbar on top" checked. When it is unchecked, which I prefer, it stays hidden under ejukebox.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 11:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

Have you tried: "Always on top" + "Automatically Hidden" ?

Fishy

posted on 5-1-2006 at 11:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That does not work and that is your point I guess. Personally I prefer to have those option disabled, so I am not affected by this bug Adi bladi :P

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 11:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So maybe you could break your studies ;) and help me to explain that to Audiosoft?

Because I use to keep my taskbar "Always on Top" but "Automatically Hidden" when it is not used: eJukebox is a lot more attractive with the taskbar hidden!

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 11:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Seems insignificant.. but I've almost solved 2 bugs! (#2 and #4) :D

Audiosoft: The ball is in your camp! :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 12:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

If you want to figure the bugs #2 and #4, Please you should check the property "Auto-hide the taskbar" on your system during a few days. So you will see the problems caused by this setting...
Notice that all the other applications work perfectly using these settings.

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

puzzled.gif posted on 5-1-2006 at 01:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe with a drawing...

Taskbar properties.jpg - 210.22kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-1-2006 at 10:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK Pirk,

I get it now. Autohide taskbar causes the 'problem'. Though I do not understand why you hide the taskbar when you are using windows at such a high resolution. I guess that is just your preference.

A long time ago I used to hide the taskbar on win95 when I was still using 800x600 but these days it is easier just to have it always visible since it takes up so little space. If i want eJukebox to be full screen I use full screen on the maximize button menu.

Anyways I will look into the coding of this again now that I can reproduce the problem by hiding the taskbar.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2006 at 11:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ahh, Thank you so much Audiosoft!

Sorry for my complaint on a so old-fashioned Windows feature! :(
Yes, I use to keep my taskbar hidden -and not only my taskbar!- ;). Too bad if it's no more in fashion.. Although I would be surprised if I was the only one to still procede like that, in 2006! :D

Like I said, I use eJukebox on my main and only PC.. on which I also use all the other applications. And as eJukebox looks better without the taskbar, I prefer to keep the taskbar hidden, so I can switch easily and quickly between eJ and all the rest! :) Yes man! :cool:

PS: You know, in France we use to be at least 10 years behind you, Americans! so... Probably I will show my taskbar only in 10 years! :P Or maybe when the Windows taskbar will be nicer... ;)

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-7-2006 at 02:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So now, only the bugs #3 and #5 still remain.. :o

Fishy

posted on 5-9-2006 at 11:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I want to add a bug to your list.

6 When you exit after playing a fullscreen 3d game ejukebox resets the album cover image and refuses to be maximized from the maximize button. A restart of ejukebox is needed for this to function again.

7 Is there somthing that can be done with the bug related to refreshing the albumlist while it is building?

Problems also occur if you enter albums (in the songlist) while the albumlist builds (it suddenly stops loading). At least on large collections.

That said most, if not all of the most irritating bugs, seems to be fixed. I am impressed by the progress the last couple of months. She (she is a she right?) has grown out of puberty.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-9-2006 at 11:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A woman? Where, where??! :D

Fishy

posted on 6-22-2006 at 02:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know the carousel get's the attention these days.. But..

The bugs described in this post are real and irritating. Some of them have been fixed. But #3 and 5 (as described by Pirk) and ej users should be able to run 3d applications in fullscreen, without having to restart the program in order to get the size of albumimages to work correctly.

As for bug #5 this would have been fixed by the proposed textfile system, that would make ejukebox support every file format (read and write) there is. Not supporting flac and other lossless formats these days are going to leave off many potential customers. Hence, a system making ejukebox support tag editing of those files, should get priority? Even if that includes some hidden files and workarounds.

As well I would look into the wishlist for 4.0 in the forums. I hope for many alphas and betas of ejukebox 4.0, it deserves to be superiour to the 3.x series and than all known bugs from the latest version should be fixed. Probably loads of work, but some of these issues need attention.

Thank you and keep up the good work :)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2006 at 11:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you Fishy for your help to relaunch Audiosoft on the more irritating bugs remaining.. ;)

Hello Audiosoft! :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-12-2006 at 11:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Phew! All these old bugs are now fixed, finally! I hope I don't forgot any old bug in my list?

Thank you very much Audiosoft!

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats