Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Autoscroll width
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-4-2006 at 11:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Autoscroll width

Audiosoft,

Could you make so that the Autoscroll values in the nowplaying.dis file be PROPORTIONAL to the Nowplaying panel Width?
So when the user shrinks the panel, the text would not be cut...

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-4-2006 at 09:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Doesn't it work if you use "Settings=WIDTH=100%"?

[AutoScroll] /* Set Values very high (i.e. 9999) to Disable. Value = Number of Characters that must be present for scroll to turn on*/
Title=50
Artist=50
Album=50
Settings=WIDTH=100% DIRECTION=Left BEHAVIOR=ALTERNATE SCROLLAMOUNT=1 SCROLLDELAY=10

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-4-2006 at 09:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No, that only works if I put some very low values in "Title=", "Artist=" & "Album=". In this case the text is not cut when I shrink the NP panel, BUT the problem is then that always scroll, even when that should not scroll because there is enough room (when the panel is enlarged). It's quite inopportune!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-5-2006 at 08:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

If you want to experiment this problem, you can put my Silvertunes Deluxe skin and shrink the now playing panel to its minimum width: The song title is often cut in 2 lines, the album image move down, and then the album name is hidden... Even if you put "Settings=WIDTH=100%..." in the nowplaying.dis file!

If you manage to adjust the autoscroll values for my skin, tell me.. but I think there is something to fix in the autoscroll code.

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-5-2006 at 09:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

he song title is often cut in 2 lines, the album image move down, and then the album name is hidden... Even if you put "Settings=WIDTH=100%

Pirk,

I tried it with your skin and using WIDTH=100% helps as it then makes it proportional to the width.

Unfortunatly the marquee tag always scrolls even when the text is not long. This is why I added the Title=X to specify when the marquee should be used and when it should not be. I can't make it automatically set what the Title= value should be for the width because the .dis file lets you change the font and size.

The only alternative is to make it use java or flash for the marquee instead. If you want, see if you can find an alternative marquee or title effect that works as flash or java in an internet explorer and I will make it possible for a skin to use it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-5-2006 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, thanks for your try Audiosoft.

However.. I think it would be possible to calculate more precisely when to use or not the scrolling marquee, if you used a other method:

- You know the real width of the Now Playing panel
- You also know the exact number of characters of each line.
- The user could enter in Title=, Artist= and Album= some values corresponding to the "average width" of ONE CHARACTER of each line. (The user would need to increase this value for larger font sizes. Unless you directly use the font-size values used in the skin as weighting values!)

So using these data, I think you could determine when you need to turn on the scrolling:
Scrolling marquee=On if "Title=" value * number of characters in the line > line width
Scrolling marquee=Off if "Title=" value * number of characters in the line < line width

What you think of my idea Audiosoft ? :)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-6-2006 at 02:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not a bad idea Pirk. I guess I could add TitleAvgCharWidth=X etc and then have eJukebox determine the number of characters that can fit the width. Or just use the current Title=X values but require them to be the number of characters that fit within the minimum now playing panel width and then automatically increase the number by the % increase of the panel width.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-6-2006 at 08:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, great Audiosoft!

Quote:
Or just use the current Title=X values but require them to be the number of characters that fit within the minimum now playing panel width and then automatically increase the number by the % increase of the panel width.

I think it's a good idea Audiosoft. So the user (well, the person who make the skin of course..) would just need to count the characters for each line in the minimum now playing panel and report them in the skin values.

Also I think it should exist 2 values for the title line: Title=X and TitleInParenthesis=X.

I'm longing to test this improvement in my new skin! :)

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-7-2006 at 05:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

See "Latest Updates" for v3.999 beta 2 download.

Just set the values for when the now playing panel is at minimum width and it should work allot better. I also fixed it so using width=100% makes the scroll go the entire width. The only limitation is that after you manually resize the panel width it will not update if the scroll is on or off until the next song is played.

One more thing, I was taking a look at your Deluxe Skin today and noticed the left and right aligned genre-year.png background in the songlist. Nice Work! I also noticed your skin's file size. Why not compress the screenshot in your skin zip so it is not 1MB and make your skin 700KB smaller? Just a suggestion.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-7-2006 at 09:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great Audiosoft! Indeed, the scrolling now work allot better: Until now I can't manage to fail it! :D It's perfect!

Thank you for your compliment about my genre-year background. I will try to compress more my screenshot.

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-7-2006 at 05:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
The only limitation is that after you manually resize the panel width it will not update if the scroll is on or off until the next song is played.

Audiosoft,

To avoid this limitation: Maybe you could make it so the now playing panel is updated just after the width is changed ? :)
No need to apply the "Animate/slide song change" in this case, just refresh the page..

Thanks.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats