Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 2Web FTP freezes v3.997 3 seconds after starting
Khirsah

shocked.gif posted on 3-17-2006 at 05:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2Web FTP freezes v3.997 3 seconds after starting

Waaaa! I had been using 3.996 for the longest time with no problem. Saw there was an upgrade to the 2Web feature and jumped to upgrade. I run eJukebox on an older system that I remote desktop into. I closed ejukebox, let it do its database compresion thing after it closed, reopened it, got the message to update, downloaded the update via ejukebox and ran it. It restarted ejukebox and worked fine. I checked the option to FTP up files, put in the wrong info a few times and it failed. Put in the right info and it tried to upload a file. Got to 75% and froze. Nothing on my FTP. Restarted ejukebox and now it freezes every time about 3 seconds after it starts.

Windows XP Pro SP2

--edit--
Reboot didnt help
I reinstall the update right off the website, no help
Reinstall full version off website, no help
(not uninstall-reinstall, just a reinstall)

--edit--
was able to get in and disable the FTP upload before it crashed and that fixed the problem
playing with the settings and cant seem to find a setup yet that wont crash ejukebox when it tries to upload. Always crashes at 75%. pixels 100, port 21, ftp host khirsah.com, path just /khirsah.com/music/current/ (tried without trailing / as well and still crashesh) Confirmed the folder path is right and can upload files to it...

Ideas?

---edit---
Lol.. edit edit edit.,... Ok, it crashes my system when publishing to a webserver at 1&1.com but doesnt crash when publishing to a server at valueweb.com... who knows!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-18-2006 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Khirsah,

Glad you figured it out. The 2Web FTP feature uploads the cover and ejukebox.js file 3 seconds after the song changes. It waits 3 seconds incase you change the song right away. As for the reason it was not working on the first server you tried - you need to make sure you get the FTP Folder setting correct with both leading and ending /'s. (i.e. /www/) Note: every FTP server is different so the starting folder could be something totally different.
/khirsah.com/music/current/ is most likely supposed to be something closer to /home/music/current/ or /www/music/current/

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Khirsah

posted on 3-19-2006 at 03:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nope the folder was right, khirsah.com, as in I host multiple sites from the root and named them based on the domain name. Perpahs I didnt have the leading / before khirsah.com. Either way, it works out just the same uploading to one host and showing it on a website at another host.. shrug.

I've been looking for this option for a long time. So many applications out there that are supposed to help you show the current song on a website based around files for winamp and were just a pain in the arse to setup right. This one (once uploaded) works easily and quickly. Thanks for the addition!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats