Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album art pixelates..
Rollaboy

posted on 3-12-2006 at 12:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album art pixelates..

This is not reallty a request feature, it is'nt a bug either i think..

But..

Its just that the covers in the albums list are just so pixelatet. It could look much more smooth if you ask me. Maybe i'm just a perfectionist hehe but it would be nice if it could use some kind of anti-alias. Here's an example:
http://www.photo-shop-tutorials.net/images/antialias.jpg

and another one: http://www.wfu.edu/~yipcw/webimaging/images/antialias.jpg

What do you guys think?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-12-2006 at 01:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree, I also think the image resizing feature could be improved.
I also would like the frames around the albums in the albumlist be perfectly regular... But I'm another perfectionist!

:cool: Pirk
Rollaboy

posted on 3-12-2006 at 03:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah exactly.. It looks odd with the frame around the albums.. It looks like a shadow, but the wrong way. it looks like the light comes from down right. It should come from upper left instead.. Would look alot better.
CiXel

posted on 3-13-2006 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah-
A little anti-aliasing would go a long way. I can't use the X-large album covers because they get way blocky. It's not even about being a perfectionist... It's not like I tagged just about all my files with high-res embedded files ;)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-14-2006 at 07:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good news...
I have updated the code to anti-alias the images in the album list so they will no longer be pixelated in v3.997. A nice side benefit of this is that Album List will also use allot less disk cache and eJukebox should be faster with the album list open since the anti-aliased images have a smaller disk size than the images files the album list used to use.

I am probally going to rename the X-Large option to Large and the old large option to Medium and make Large the new default image size for the album list. Which displays 3 perfect albums across in EDV and 2 across in non-EDV.

I also managed to fix te album list borders not being even. They are now perfectly even at 2 pixels per side.

Both of the above improvements only work on ID3 tag encoded, cover.jpg in folder, and new high quality eJ lookedup images. Old low quality eJ images will still look the same. Which is why I was thinking about making the cover lookup fail if it can't find a high quality image in v4.0. Then again a low quality image is better than no image. What do you think? I have to say this is a huge improvement for the album list. :D

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-14-2006 at 12:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great Audiosoft!
I'm very happy you managed to improve images aspect in the albumlist; and at least so much happy if you also managed to perfect the album borders! :)
Moreover if the albumlist is faster, that will be... the America!! :D

Concerning the cover lookup: well I don't know? As this feature already fail much.. In fact until now, I don't use it at all.

:cool: Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats