Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Problem with covers. And a blue dot?
Rollaboy

puzzled.gif posted on 3-10-2006 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Problem with covers. And a blue dot?

Hey guys..

I'm a n00b to ejukebox ;-) searched the internet to find a jukebox for all my mp3s.. Hope i found what i'm looking for. Looks like it so far :-)

But i'm having a problem when i will add covers.. Its only sometime the problem occur.

When ejukebox don't find the cover automatic then i push the "edit song info" and then go down to the "Use image from" because i like to safe all the covers in the ame place as the album. So i have them on my computer if something goes wrong.

Well then after i've added the picture it shows. But the button "add4all" does not appear??

It only does sometimes.. And whats all that buth rename album and then theres a blue dot in the upper left corner.

I dont get the point.. What do i do wrong?

Sorry my bad spelling.

Ps. I'm currently running the demo trial just to see if the program suits my needs. A little slow but looks nice so far. If it works ;-)

Regards Michael from Denmark.
Fishy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 03:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi neighbor! Been drawing lately? ;)

If you place covers in the same folder as ejukebox simply name then "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" and ejukebox will use these images automatically if there is no id3 tag image present.

I've noticed that set4all hides away sometimes. Very seldom though. Does this happen with compilations?

The blue dot is nothing to be afraid for. It will not show up other places than in the tag editor. The blue dot is there to tell you that this image has been embedded in your tags (as opposed to ejukebox autolookup which places them in the database ejuke.asn).

I advice you to read the manual for more in depth explanations of ejukebox functionality. It is situated as a sticky post in the General discussion forums.

Trond

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-10-2006 at 04:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello Michael, welcome!

Quote:
Message original : Rollaboy
...i like to safe all the covers in the ame place as the album. So i have them on my computer if something goes wrong.

If you already have the covers in the same place as the album, eJukebox can automatically import them during the importation of your music folders, provided they are named "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg".

:cool: Pirk
Rollaboy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 04:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi guys.. Thanks for the quick reply

But i haven't solved the problem yet. Have tried to rename the albums art so its now "cover.jpg" but it still doesnt show the image :-( why? do i have to refresh the whole database somehow or?

I cant even get the "set4all" button to show now.. Where is it? it says rename album.. Cant use that..

And maybe the author should make the search for cover serch for jpg images in the folder and with filename including "front" cause usually my jpgs are callede ex: "50 cent - The masacre front.jpg"

would be nice if EJ could find out that for itself.. It takes alot of time doing all this manual when you've got 200+ albums..

Ps. Fishy, what do you mean "have you been drawing lately?" Are we neighbors hehe?
Rollaboy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 04:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ohh and forgot to tell that i've had read the manual but there nothing that says "When the set4all button appears to be gone, then you just have to...." :cool:

Hope someone can help me.. Its quite anoing..
Fishy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 04:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ps. Fishy, what do you mean "have you been drawing lately?" Are we neighbors hehe?

I am thinking about Jyllandsposten. Neighbor countries at least :)

Back to your problem. Yes, you have to rebuild the database.
First make sure all folder have a cover.jpg. Then go to the "tools" menu --> update music database --> Re-Build database. Locate the folder where your mp3s are situated and you're set to go.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-10-2006 at 04:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you add cover.jpg files after you have imported your albums in eJ you need to rebuild the database.

"When the set4all button appears to be gone, then you just have to....": .... press the "use image from..." button!

Rollaboy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 04:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ohh how could i forget about the drawings.. Its on the tv all the time.. Those stupid muslims just don't understand that we have freedom of expression.. That islam religion etc is just messing with they're heads.. Religion should be forbidden hehe..

Well..

When I push "Use image from..." it says:

NOTICE:
After setting de desired image for a son click the "Se4all" button that appears to set bla bla...

Well, the problem is that the button don't appear hehe.. So i gues its a bug?

It would be nice if it worked so i dont have to rename files and copy paste so much.. I dont have covers for all my albums.. Maybe i get tired of searching for covers alle the time hehe..
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-10-2006 at 04:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1) "Use Image from..."
2) "Continue"
3) "Browse"
4) Once you will have really put the image for the current song, the "set4all" button will appear.

Rollaboy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 05:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
4) Once you will have really put the image for the current song, the "set4all" button will appear.

When i select the picture and press "open" then it shows a thumnail of the picture.. but the "set4all" button dont appear..

i can see any button that says "use this picture".. and theres no "delete" button either..
Fishy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 05:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did you try an autolookup before you tried to set an image manually? Audiosoft talked about a bug in the new autolooup feature which made the tag editor behave a little strange in some cases. It might be related to this? I guess audiosoft will come with a clarifying comment soon enough :)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-10-2006 at 05:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When i select the picture and press "open" then it shows a thumnail of the picture.. but the "set4all" button dont appear..

Ah curious.. on my PC, and others too, the "set4all" button appear since the thumbnail appear. It should appear on your PC too. Maybe it's a bug only on your PC? Or maybe I miss something!!

"use this picture": "Use image from..." is quite similar

"delete": when you put a new cover the old one is deleted.

rllercstr7

posted on 3-10-2006 at 06:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did you ever get you database rebuilt Michael? If not the manual has some screenshots and an explanation on re-building it towards the begining. Are your MP3 tags all filled out correctly? If not eJukebox might not recognize that the artist you set the picture for has more song than one song in the database to apply the same cover for. Hence why there would be no reason for the set4all button to show up. Thats the only thing I can think of that might cause that issue. Welcome to the forums!
Rollaboy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 06:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think you got a point rollercoaster

I've just reinstalled everything.. The problem is still there. And i found out its these albums from the same artist that is wrong.. but not all of them..

they got mixed up together though they are not in the samme folder..

its like this:

Prodigy - Firestarter
prodigy - Smack my [Censored] up
Prodigy - The fat of the land
Prodigy - Breathe

Well the problem is that the album "The fat of the land" only shows 3 files..

But in the firestarter (which is a single with 4 tracks) it shows both the firestarter tracks, the fat of the land tracks and smack my [Censored] up tracks.. its totally messed up

And at last the smack my [Censored] up single doenst even appear in the album list.. Dont know why. i got cover.jpg in every folder..

I think i may read some more about id3 tags.. But its a few years since ive ripped the cds and i dont mention that i made any id3 tag. i have always just used the filename etc:

Prodigy - Firestarter [01] Firestarter (edit).mp3

But why doenst it just work when i have everything in order in the folders? If i'm going to edit every single id2 tag on all my 200+ albums then this software is not for me :-(

Its a shame because i really think it looks great.. And i want to give it at chance :-)
Rollaboy

posted on 3-10-2006 at 06:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Problem solved :o :P

I deleted the whole albums from prodigy and copied to my "test area" again and now it works perfect :-) yiiiir..

So i guess bacause me beeing a n00b i might have fucked the id3 tag up somehow in the edit.. dont know what i did.. but i will test it further and hope not to mess anything up again..

I'm glad i copied a few albums to a "test area" in case [Censored] like this happen..

Now i will get to know the program more :cool:

thank for your help guys ;)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-10-2006 at 07:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm glad you solved your problem Michael :D eJukebox is really worth the effort! ;)

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats