Audiosoft Forums : EJukebox Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: the Capitals lineup after b
huangjian123

posted on 9-14-2018 at 03:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
the Capitals lineup after b

Jalen Ramsey got his hands dirty Tuesday for the first time since the birth of his daughter.

Ramsey reported to Jacksonville Jaguars training camp and jumped right into the mix with the first-team defense Kenyan Drake Jersey , taking part in drills, talking trash and breaking up passes.

Sweat, grass, dirt. It might have been the messiest Ramsey's hands have been since he skipped the start of camp to remain in Tennessee with his girlfriend, Bre, and newborn daughter, Breelyn. That's because the All-Pro cornerback, whose hands might be as valuable as anyone's on that side of the ball, made a deal with Bre that he wouldn't have to change diapers.

"We've been best friends since high school so we've always kind of talked about how the process would go a little bit," Ramsey said. "Of course, everything's different when it actually happens, but for the most part, we have really good agreement that I won't necessarily have to change diapers."

So what is Ramsey's part of the trade-off?

"She changes the diapers; I feed her," he said.

Ramsey became a first-time father last Wednesday, the day the Jaguars reported for camp. He missed four practices to spend extra time with his family. Coach Doug Marrone excused his absences.

"It is good when everybody is together, everyone is back in and everyone is in a good place mentally," Marrone said. "Just having that balance in your life Paul Hornung Jersey , making sure everyone is good at home, making sure everyone is OK, making sure everything is set. Then you can get here and then you can focus and put your mind on what you need to do. It is always good when you can get everyone back in here, and I am glad everything worked out well."

Marrone had planned to work Ramsey in slowly, but the ultra-competitive, lock-down cornerback refused to stay on the sideline during his first day back. The Jaguars had to like what they saw, even though they've seen similar from him for two years now.

Ramsey played in every game in two seasons and emerged as one of the league's top defenders.

He expects to be even better in Year 3.

"We're going to see when the season starts, right?" he said. "We're going to see. And y'all will see. Y'all will see. I never give myself like goals. I guess you could say like, 'Oh, I'm going to have this many interceptions; I'm going to have this many" pass breakups.

"But what I can tell you, though, that I will do is I'll make sure I prepare myself and I'm ready to go out there and give it my all so I'm not letting anybody down, my teammates, coaches, my family, y'all, fans. I can tell you that much."

He gets one of his toughest tests in the team's season opener at the New York Giants and against three-time Pro Bowl receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

"Let's get this out the way right now: He's a good receiver. We all know that Nick Easton Jersey ," said Ramsey, the fifth overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft. "But y'all know me at the same time. Yeah, he's good. But I'm good, too. If y'all want to say he's the best at his position; I'm the best at my position, so we're going to go at it. We're going to give the people a show the first game of the season.

"He's going to have some wins; I'm going to have some wins. I just plan on having more wins."

Ramsey is the outspoken face of Jacksonville's vaunted defense, a unit that was among the best in the league in 2017. The Jaguars return 10 starters on that side of the ball, including all four in the secondary, and expect to be even more dynamic in their second season together.

"At the end of the day, win games," he said. "If we can win games on the defensive side of the ball. We can always ask for more: More turnovers, more touchdowns, more opportunities giving the ball back to the offense. Just more of everything."

Except diapers.

"It feels good" to be back, Ramsey said. "Miss my little girl already, but it feels good. It was cool. It was good. Long few days, but everything that I could have dreamed of."

Facing elimination at home, the Washington Capitals looked determined to hit everything that moved in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference final.

The goal was to finish checks on Tampa Bay Lightning players as much as possible, though at one point Devante Smith-Pelly decked Dan Girardi and took teammate Jay Beagle down with him.

”I apologized to him DeVante Parker Jersey ,” Smith-Pelly said. ”I said sorry. He didn’t seem to care.”

Sorry, not sorry.

The Capitals made no apologies for taking the body and grinding out a physical 3-0 victory Monday night that tied the playoff series and set up a deciding Game 7. T.J. Oshie had a goal on the power play and into an empty net, Smith-Pelly scored a back-breaker and Braden Holtby stopped all 24 shots, but it was the bruising style that kept the Capitals alive and could still pay more dividends.

”You’ve got to wear them down,” Smith-Pelly said. ”Every game, if guys are going to be playing 25, 30 minutes, it’s tough when you’re getting hit every single shift. We’ve been on the body all game and all series. If it shows up in Game 7 where guys are starting to get tired, then it was all worth it.”

Game 7 is Wednesday night at Tampa Bay. The winner faces the Vegas Golden Knights, who are in the Stanley Cup Final in their first season.

Alex Ovechkin, Tom Wilson and Brooks Orpik led the charge in the grueling Game 6, throwing their bodies around all night like human wrecking balls. Orpik separated Cedric Paquette from the puck twice on one shift, Ovechkin leveled rookie Yanni Gourde and Wilson was his usual self, dishing out a handful of crushing body checks.

The Capitals outhit the Lightning 39-19 and outshot them 34-24, bruising and battering them all over the ice.

”It’s desperation, really,” Orpik said. ”You try to empty the tank as much as you can. That’s probably one area where we have an edge is the size and physical play.”

That edge was noticeable in Game 6 when Washington fired up an already-raucous crowd well before Oshie’s power-play goal 15:12 into the second period. While Tampa Bay goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy was again on top of his game in stopping 31 of 33 shots David Andrews Jersey , Orpik said the Capitals wanted to give back to fans for their energy and did so by laying out Lightning players.

From Wilson’s big hit on Paquette on his first shift through the time Smith-Pelly scored with 9:58 left, the physical play took a toll on the Lightning, who didn’t have the energy left to muster a late comeback. Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos said simply the Capitals ”executed their game plan” and the Lightning didn’t respond.

”They played with that desperate hockey and we should have matched it and we didn’t,” winger Ryan Callahan said. ”They played like their lives were on the line, and we played like we had another chance and that’s unfortunate, but we’ve got to change the script now in Game 7.”

Tampa Bay had no answer for the physicality with a hit disparity coach Jon Cooper chalked up as, ”Somebody was engaged and somebody wasn’t.” The Lightning also couldn’t solve Holtby, who was at his best on a handful of deflection attempts to record his first shutout of these playoffs.

”I was just trying to stay in the moment, focus on one puck at a time,” Holtby said. ”I try and stay the same level through the game.”

The Lightning missed a chance to close out an opponent for the first time in these playoffs. They eliminated New Jersey and Boston in five games apiece but are now on the brink themselves.

The Capitals improved to 10-2 in the Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom era when facing elimination any time before Game 7. They’re 3-7 in Game 7 over that time but will obviously take their chances after grinding their way back to 3-3 in the series.

”I think it’s great that we’re close,” Oshie said. ”I think both teams for the most part figured out what works against the other team. It’s just a matter of who’s going to play longer, harder and do more of it.”

NOTES: Washington improved to 4-5 at home in the playoffs. The Lightning dropped to 5-2 on the road. … An assist on Oshie’s first goal extended Capitals C Evgeny Kuznetsov’s point streak to nine games, tied with Backstrom in 2009 for the longest in franchise playoff history. … F Andre Burakovsky returned to the Capitals lineup after being a healthy scratch for Game 5, replacing Alex Chiasson.

Authentic Womens Isaiah Oliver Jersey
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2016 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats