Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album list bug
cbb77

posted on 2-23-2006 at 12:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album list bug

I just noticed this bug the other day. It was happening on 3.995 and is still happening after upgrading to 3.996. In any case, I noticed an album was not showing up in my album list. If I select the particular artist from the artist list, it indeed shows me all their albums including the one that is missing in the Album list view. The songs associated with the particular album are listed fine, along with the album cover art, but it just doesn't show in the album list. I've refreshed the list 3 times and it still won't show. Any ideas? I'm starting to wonder if others might be missing. Any way to validate that?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-23-2006 at 01:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What is the name of the artist and album that is not showing up? How many songs from the album do you have?
Is there a similar named album in the list?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cbb77

posted on 2-23-2006 at 02:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The album is Unplugged by Alicia Keys. There are 16 songs to the album. The weird part again is that is shows up fine if I select the Artist tab and select Alicia Keys; then all her albums show up (3 total). If I go over to the Album list, only 2 are shown.
cbb77

posted on 2-23-2006 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, just browsed through my collection and found another album with same name Unplugged by Neil Young. Neither one show up in the Album list. Could they be conflicting somehow? They are both valid albums names, stored in different directories. I have my collection stored by Artist - Album name.
Fishy

posted on 2-23-2006 at 10:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've had the same problem with multiple albums named "demo, greatest hits etc." several times. Think this is a bug.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
VWBUG

posted on 2-24-2006 at 11:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had the same problem but simply called the albums Artist name greatest hits etc. Problem solved

Made in Scotland
Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-25-2006 at 12:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
thats fair enough VWBUG, but what about those folks who have thousands of albums, and tens of thousands of songs. its very likley that you don't know all the albums / songs you have off by heart, so you are very likely to not notice that a particular album is not on your list.

I think this is one that really needs addressed.
Fishy

posted on 2-25-2006 at 01:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree. I am pretty sure that one or three "new" albums would turn up in my list, if this bug was fixed :P

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-25-2006 at 02:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : VWBUG
I had the same problem but simply called the albums Artist name greatest hits etc. Problem solved

I also use this kind of tricks... But you need to pay attention to that each time you import new albums!
I think this bug could be definitively solved if eJukebox would build the albumlist taking care (itself!) of the Artist name related to each Album name.

Audiosoft, maybe a hidden database field "Artistname - Album name" could do that nicely?

:cool: Pirk
Rankled

posted on 4-3-2006 at 02:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Genres

One problem I am having is that when I do a query by genre. If I query by "Blues" (Just an example) EJ displays the recordings from the "Blues" genre but also entire artist lists which contain recordings with the term "Blues" in the title.

I am not sure if I am missing something or not. In my case, it is making the genre feature almost useless.

In a situation where seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, Dedicated EJukeBox PC, Processor:AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHZ CPU Quad core, MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-Mlx, Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB, M-Audio 40 active monitors
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-4-2006 at 04:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for pointing out this issue. I have updated eJukebox for v3.999 so duplicate album names are possible for "Greatest Hits" and "Unplugged" in the album list. After testing it out I now have 3 more albums.

Quote:

One problem I am having is that when I do a query by genre. If I query by "Blues" (Just an example) EJ displays the recordings from the "Blues" genre but also entire artist lists which contain recordings with the term "Blues" in the title.

This is because the genre and year menus still use the open search method on the album list bar. If you use the AutoList Builder on the Tools menu you can set it to only the Blues genre and click View Album List.

I will see if I can make the Genre menu restricted to the actual Genre field. The question is: Should the Year menu still work like it does? Right now the Year menu can find extra tracks without a Year based on their album names. I.E. Rock of the 80's.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 4-4-2006 at 07:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My opinion has always been that the most logical is to have the general search box open and genre/year buttons closed (searching within the year/genre fields of tags only). Others might disagree to that though.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-4-2006 at 10:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for fixing the duplicate album names issue Audiosoft.

Concerning the genre and years menus, I'm also for you restrit results to the corresponding tags.

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Rankled

posted on 4-4-2006 at 04:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In my opinion the query tabs should be restricted to the specific query data field. The year tab should act on restricted / specific data also. If you really feel that this may be an issue maybe you could put a check box in the setup to create the type of behavior the user wishes.

Thanks for all the hard work.

In a situation where seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, Dedicated EJukeBox PC, Processor:AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHZ CPU Quad core, MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-Mlx, Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB, M-Audio 40 active monitors
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats