Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Missing Compilation Albums
Craigwoytal

posted on 2-2-2006 at 11:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Missing Compilation Albums

I understand stand the fact that some albums may be missing if I don't rip them into MP3, however I am wondering why I am missing so many compilation and soundtracks. If I check show compilation it only shows a couple and mostly because I already have an album with an artist from the compilation. I have about 100 compilation's missing albums like NOW. How can I get these back.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-3-2006 at 02:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You need to MANUALLY tick the "Compilation" flag using the eJukebox Tag Editor for each one of your compilation albums:
Search for your compilations album names (using the songlist top search box, or also maybe directly in the albumlist among artists...). Then once you have at least one song of a compilation displayed in the songlist , you need to RIGHT CLICK on this song to open the eJukebox tag editor in order to check the famous compilation flag! This flag will be automatically applied to all the other songs of this compilation album. Only you will need to repeat that for all your compilation albums...
Good luck. :)

:cool: Pirk
Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-5-2006 at 03:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk
You need to MANUALLY tick the "Compilation" flag using the eJukebox Tag Editor for each one of your compilation albums:
Search for your compilations album names (using the songlist top search box, or also maybe directly in the albumlist among artists...). Then once you have at least one song of a compilation displayed in the songlist , you need to RIGHT CLICK on this song to open the eJukebox tag editor in order to check the famous compilation flag! This flag will be automatically applied to all the other songs of this compilation album. Only you will need to repeat that for all your compilation albums...
Good luck. :)

That doesn't seem very user friendly.

Surley an album is an album is an album and shouldn't really matter if its a compilation or not?

What happens if you re-build your database, do you need to go through all the compilations and do all this again??:(

"GOOD LUCK" indeed!
Fishy

posted on 2-5-2006 at 04:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think the best way of doing this is to make sure all compilation albums have "Various artists" in the artist header in tags before I import them to ejukebox. Or just rename the artist from within the internal editor after you've imported them. That way the compilation tag will be ticked automatically. Easy as twinning a cake over a hat :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-5-2006 at 05:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
Easy as twinning a cake over a hat :)

Be careful, no drawing! :D

Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-5-2006 at 06:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think I am missing something basic here!!!

surley the songs should be listed no matter if they are "ticked" as a compilation or not. as i said before, an album is simply a collection of songs. I don't understand why a compilation album, for example, NOW!62 should be treated any diffirently to an album by a single artist.

Seems to be something missing here.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-5-2006 at 07:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You are right Well_Jaggy, the only thing is that there is none standard ID3 Tag for songs which are part of a compilation... So where to find, or store this compilation flag?

Maybe eJukebox could search for the words "compilation" or "soundtrack" in the Album Name Tag during the import scanning process? Providing you add these key words before importing your compilations in eJukebox! But at least that would not be lost in case we need to rebuild the database...

Phydeau

posted on 2-16-2006 at 07:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
or maybe have it check where you've got them stored? I, for one, painstakingly organize my mp3 ... all songs in one folder are from one album ... not that complicated.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-16-2006 at 07:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Of course.. of course Phydeau I agree! But eJukebox pretend to rebuild albums itseft from mixed mp3s files using the ID3 Tags... So its functioning can appear to be a bit "curious and illogical" for users like you, me and certainly much others... who have all their mp3s already organized in one folder per album! But unfortunately for all of us, it's not the eJukebox philosophy.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats