Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Backing up the data file?
dipdog

posted on 2-2-2006 at 08:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Backing up the data file?

I have a quick question. I have eJukebox v3.8. Is there a way to backup the data file associated with this program so that, if I were to reinstall the program on the same computer, I could either import the old data file or save the old date file over top of the new default data file?
Thanx
- Scott
Fishy

posted on 2-2-2006 at 08:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think the file you're looking for is named ejuke.asn. It is located at the root of the ejukebox directory.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
dipdog

posted on 2-3-2006 at 01:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Backing up the .asn file

Yah, I saw that file; thanks. If I were to reinstall the program and copy that file over top of the new default .asn file, do you know if the program would let me do that? Or is there info written to the registry that would prevent that? The reason I'm asking is that I'd just like to have a backup in case some sort of corruption occurred so that I could reinstall and simply use the old database file instead of having to rebuild it.

Appreciate your help

- Scott
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-3-2006 at 02:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To backup your database when your music files are going to be in the SAME locations: Save/Copy ejuke.asn and db.m3u

To backup your database when your music files are going to be in DIFFERENT locations: Save/Copy ejuke.asn. This will basically only preserve looked up cover images so they do not need to be re-downloaded. Since the music files have moved you must rebuild the eJukebox database. Song Info, Covers, and Popularity Data will be restored from the Mp3's ID3 tag as each song is added to the database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats