Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox disables laptops keyboard
jacoblo33

puzzled.gif posted on 1-19-2006 at 03:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox disables laptops keyboard

I have only used eJukebox on my old desktop computer and never experienced this problem before. But when I am running eJukebox it disables all keyboard input on my computer. As soon as I close it, it starts working again. It doesn't matter if eJukebox is minimized or not...

I did search and found an old post from more than a year ago so I am making a new attempt.

I am running eJukebox on my Fujitsu Siemens laptop with Windows XP. Running the latest version of eJukebox as well.

Any suggestions how to fix this? Any tips?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-21-2006 at 11:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This shouldn't happen unless there is a problem with the keyboard driver. Try checking out http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/ and looking for driver updates for your laptop.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 1-24-2006 at 04:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I actually don't believe that it's the case...

Updated all drivers for the system and it is my laptop keyboard that doesn't work. Should there even be drivers for a built in keyboard?

It has never happened before and the really weird thing is that the keyboard works for about a minute after eJukebox is started. After that it goes dead until I exit eJukebox.

It certainly seems that it's ejukebox that does something to the keyboard...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-24-2006 at 07:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, I think I may know what is going wrong but you will need to check something before I can fix this. Please let me know if you see a Type32.exe process under the windows task manager (CTRL+Alt+Del) or not.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 1-24-2006 at 07:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nope. Not there. Neither before, during or after i run eJukebox

Interesting is that Ctrl - Alt - Del works when the rest of the keyboard is dead...

Good or bad?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-24-2006 at 07:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : jacoblo33
Interesting is that Ctrl - Alt - Del works when the rest of the keyboard is dead...

:D Sorry. Maybe the mouse is still alive... :)

:cool: Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-24-2006 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

jacoblo33

posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I got the task manager before :) But no type32.exe there

The mouse works fine the whole time and can always get it from right clicking on the taskbar. But even when the rest of the keyboard was dead (both in eJukebox and rest of Windows), the Ctrl - Alt - Del sequence works
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Nope. Not there. Neither before, during or after i run eJukebox

Good or bad?

Well good that you can still access taskmanager...bad that the problem is not caused by what I thought it might be.
eJukebox should only eat keystrokes when it has focus. Does the keyboard work for you when eJukebox is minimized? I will have to look into this some more...

jacoblo33

posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The thing is that I can't even type in eJukebox. If I try to type something in search function, it's all dead there as well. If I press the Windows start button (on the keyboard), nothing happens as well.

Same even when eJukebox is minimized, which is the real problem since I use to have it minimized and on while working on the computer.

As I mentioned before, the weird thing is that this state of my dead keyboard happens around 30 seconds after eJukebox is fully loaded. But starts working immediately after I exit...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK jacoblo33. Good luck... ;)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm...are you using multiple users/fast-user switching on XP?

Quote:

this state of my dead keyboard happens around 30 seconds after eJukebox is fully loaded.

Are you sure it doesn't happen right away? Try using the keyboard and see if it works when the startup progressbar on the eJukebox splash screen reaches 1/2 way.

Any chance you have an external keyboard around you can hookup to the laptop to see if that works?

jacoblo33

posted on 1-24-2006 at 09:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I did have fast-user switching and welcome screen enabled. Disabled it but no difference unfortunately...

No external keyboard either :(

I am sure that it doesn't happen right away. Everything loads in the program, I can start playing a song but then it freezes. Have played around with it tonight and it varies between 15-30 seconds...
Fishy

posted on 1-24-2006 at 10:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is it possible that it is caused by winamp or a winamp related plugin? You've tried to play a song with winamp alone, and the keyboard works fine?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
jacoblo33

posted on 1-24-2006 at 10:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Winamp works fine :(

Have even tried stop playback in eJ, quit Winamp and its still the same problem...
jacoblo33

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any updates on this audiosoft?

I need a program that I can use and right now I am leaning towards buying J. Rivers Media Center. Which is a little bit bitter since I already bought eJukebox and would love to keep using it
jacoblo33

posted on 3-25-2006 at 11:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess not?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-22-2006 at 02:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There will be a new option in v3.999 final on the OTHER tab called "Disable Keyboard Shortcuts".
Enabling that will fix your problem plus some shortcuts will still work, such as in the album and artist lists.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats