Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.992
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-23-2005 at 05:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.992

Here is v3.992 Beta with a bunch of improvements.

Here are the updates in v3.992 Beta 1:

-eJukebox 2WEB v2 no longer requires user to enter a leading wildcard character for partial match searches
-Added ability to select voice and speed of Voice Announce feature
-Artist List now ignores leading THE's when sorting the list so that Artists with THE appear under the correct letter instead of removeT
-fixed album name text in now playing area wraping before all the space is used
-Custom and Popularity autoplay modes now restricted to random top 1/3 of songs not played in the longest once again (for less cpu usage and so you get songs you haven't heard in the longest)
-artistlist now restricted to at least 2 songs for first time users (may change back to 1 but default skin artist list is very long so is slow to load)
-Made popup menus longer than the screen scrollable
-albumlist album's no longer have visible border lines - if you want no borders at all then make album background and background color both black (this will make the albumlist background totally invisible/not black) and use an image for the background.

Beta 2 update:
-added ability to Page Up/Down by clicking Scroll Buttons.

Beta 3 updates:
-fixed lowercase and accented artists not sorting right in the artist list.
-increased required mouse up within time frame from 100ms to 250ms for autoscroll buttons to page up or down instead of scroll
-removed touchscreen A-Z slider for now...it may come back at some point with a different look/position

Install by replacing attached file over your old C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe.

NOTE: Attachment Removed on Jan 11, 2006 because eJukebox v3.993 final has been released.

Beta 1 attachment had 45 downloads. Beta 2 attachment had 9 downloads. Beta 3 had 17 downloads.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
VWBUG

posted on 12-24-2005 at 07:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I get the database corruption error again and cannot instal the latest beta.

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-24-2005 at 07:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I get the database corruption error again and cannot instal the latest beta.

Beta ejukebox.exe attachments are not installers. Running the file without installing it first will result in database corruption message...because eJukebox is running in the wrong folder without the other needed files...such as the database.

To use the beta:
You have to first shutdown eJukebox...then manually install the downloaded file by saving or copying it over the same file in your eJukebox folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Demnos

posted on 12-25-2005 at 09:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Here is v3.992 beta with a bunch of improvements.
Check this out...make sure touchscreen is enabled in the display options. Then check out the new Touchscreen A-Z Slider and let me know what you think. How does it perform? Try it with the artist and album list open. It should make it easier to jump around the album and artistlist with out having to click the small a-z letters. Does it? Let me know if you like the functionality or not.

First of all: Merry christmas to everyone! And I guess due to christmas holidays it is a bit hard to really dedicate time to the newest beta, so Audiosoft: Thanks very much for trying to improve the touchscreen functionality, the lack of feedback here is not related to the lack of interest in the new features, I for one just don't have time to try out the new version on 24th of December

But I just ran the beta through a very quick 5 minute test. I think it looks very good and the idea behind it is great...it is just that it doesn't address the main navigation problem yet. To jump to a certain artist letter was not really the issue, the A...Z list was always a good way to quickly get around the list, the buttons were large enough and it was intuitive. So the addition of a A...Z slider with touch buttons doesn't really offer any major improvements to the overall handling yet. However I think there is a lot of potential to use this type of navigation as a replacement for the current Up/Down touch buttons and/or the dreaded scroll bar.

Let me play around with this a bit more and I will give you more detailed feedback...I just wanted to put this short message in to let you know I really really appreciate you working on this issue...

Happy Holidays!
rllercstr7

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks a ton for fixing the song announce "the" problem in this release Audiosoft. I was pleasantly suprised to see a new forum section and beta version after not being on a whole lot during this holiday season. Great work!
Blaze

posted on 12-28-2005 at 09:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As I can understand the problem is the scrolling time. Either it's too fast og too slow.
Why don't you just make scroll buttons instead of bars. And each time you press it it jumps down/up one screen.
Meaning if you're in the album list you can see 3 rows, more or less. Then when you press the scroll button it jumps down/up 3 rows, so you get a new screen.
Same in artist list. When you you're in there you can see 20 songs, press the button and jump down/up 20 songs.
summa sumarum, press the scroll button and it jumps an entire page down or up. Press it many times and you quickly pass through all your songs.
Couldn't that be a solution?

Even make it an options, so you can decide how much you want it to jump when you press it.
rlailey

shocked.gif posted on 12-29-2005 at 03:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beta

Um, I'm getting a lot of unreliability problems with this new beta whilst importing music from CD's to MP3's. I usually stop/start eJ regularly during this task to proactively prevent it from graphically crashing, but eJ 3992 appears to be producing one of those 'would you like to send this error to Microsoft' boxes about 5 seconds after I manually close eJ (resources go to 100% and it sends something across the Internet).

Luckily, I kept my old eJukebox.exe and I'm back to a stable environment again - I know this is a Beta!
Demnos

posted on 12-29-2005 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Blaze
As I can understand the problem is the scrolling time. Either it's too fast og too slow.
Why don't you just make scroll buttons instead of bars.

I think I suggested exactly this at least 2 times already, especially since all commercial systems and in fact any kiosk application works exactly like this. I can only assume that it must be more difficult to implement than we think. Don't quite understand it myself, because it doesn't sound all that complicated, but let's see if Audiosoft has an explanation...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-29-2005 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can add an option to make the scrollbuttons scroll 1 page per click pretty easily. The only reason it is not already an option is that when you scroll the album list a page at a time you can end up with the first row of albums being cut in half (Try it by using the PgDown or PgUp keyboard button while the album list has focus)...I am trying to figure out a way to make it so this does not happen so the albums always align correctly with the top of the view.

VWBUG

posted on 1-2-2006 at 02:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nothing much seems to have changed

It is probably something I am doing but my albums are still listed as "The ....." Was this beta not supposed to ignore the "The".

What exactly is song announce supposed to do. No matter what I do with it, nothing happens.

As I said probably just being stupid again.:D

Made in Scotland
Dyno Don

posted on 1-2-2006 at 07:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The "the's" work for me

When I add the "the's back to a few test groups (Strokes), it adds the the back, but keeps it alphabetized by ST. Seems it works as it should.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-3-2006 at 02:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The "THE"'s being ignored only applies to the artist list with this update. I am still working on the album list which is much more complicated.

Also, if the voice announce does not work you need to install the attachment in this post: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1065&page=1#pid7337

VWBUG

posted on 1-3-2006 at 09:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As I thought I was being stupid. I really should read the thread first. Thought it was the album list that was ignoring the "The's". Song announce is also now working.

Thanks

Made in Scotland
Demnos

posted on 1-3-2006 at 12:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
I can add an option to make the scrollbuttons scroll 1 page per click pretty easily. The only reason it is not already an option is that when you scroll the album list a page at a time you can end up with the first row of albums being cut in half (Try it by using the PgDown or PgUp keyboard button while the album list has focus)...I am trying to figure out a way to make it so this does not happen so the albums always align correctly with the top of the view.

Well, for me as a touch screen user, the PgUp/PgDown type of scroll buttons would be a great relief already, as the current scroll buttons that slowly scroll pixel per pixel are simply not usable (I have reverted back to using the scroll bar, also a pain in the neck on a touch screen, but still better than the current buttons).

Of course a version that correctly ligns up the albums should be the ultimate target as it would look much more professional, but I for one would be very very happy with an interim fix, even if this cuts albums in half. At least that way we could already navigate around the screen, something that today is practially not possible.

Happy New Year!!!!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-3-2006 at 06:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Demnos
Happy New Year!!!!

I also wish a Happy New Year to everybody!! :o ;) :)

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 1-3-2006 at 06:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Happy New Year guys :) Thanks for the beta Audiosoft!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Fishy

posted on 1-4-2006 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
artistlist bug

Think I've found a bug in the artistlist sorting in the beta. have a look at the attached shot. Many of those artists don't belong under "Z". Couldn't help noticing that all misplaced artists are lowercased. Seems like the beta misplaces all lowercased artist. Putting them under "Z".

Hmm..think I'll take advantage of this bug and set a capital in front of those names. In a way it was nice to have them sorted out. Although I got this feeling that I've renamed them before.
Can it be that ejukebox automatically set lowercases when the artistname contains domestic letters like "Æ, Ø, Å, ö, ü etc. on rebuild? If so it would be nice to see a fix for that too.

http://home.no.net/fishyno/artistbug.jpg

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-4-2006 at 10:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Demnos,

I added an option to make the Scroll Buttons be PageUp/Page Down buttons instead but then realized that I could make the buttons do BOTH and there was no need for an option.

The Scroll Buttons now Page Up and Page Down when you click them (release mouse button within 100ms) ...if you hold the buttons down they scroll like before. That way everyone will get the best of both worlds and you will be able to Scroll or Page Up/Down at will. This should make eJukebox easier to use...epecially for touchscreens. Thanks for pushing me on the issue. :D

I have updated the attachment file in the first post to "Beta 2" which has the new Page Up/Down ability.

Pirk
Posting Freak

smilegrin.gif posted on 1-4-2006 at 08:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Domestic letters...

Until now in the artistlist, all the artists having accentuated letters in their name are almost systematically, and very unfairly relegated at the end of each artistletters!! :( Because often this is the second word letter which is "accentuated", so these artists appear at the end: Négresses Vertes, Téléphone, Tété, Têtard, Têtes Raides...

I think the more easy solution to fix that would be to simply consider any accentuated letter as if it was non-accentuated (but of course, KEEPING all the accents displayed on the screen!!). So all the "accentuated" artists would just fit into the anglophones...

In fact the correct order would be to sort each accentuated letter JUST AFTER the non-accentuated same letter, but taking care of row in words! Only I fear that will be more complicated to program...

Thanks.

Demnos

posted on 1-4-2006 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
The Scroll Buttons now Page Up and Page Down when you click them (release mouse button within 100ms) ...if you hold the buttons down they scroll like before. That way everyone will get the best of both worlds and you will be able to Scroll or Page Up/Down at will. This should make eJukebox easier to use...epecially for touchscreens. Thanks for pushing me on the issue. :D

WONDERFUL. Works really really well. This has been one of the most significant usability improvements in a long time. I can finally retire my mouse which I still had sitting next to my touchscreen. Thank you!!!

P.S. This also means that the new A-Z slider you added with Beta 1 now doesn't really serve any major purpose anymore. Wonder how others feel about it?
VWBUG

posted on 1-4-2006 at 09:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Demnos

Sorry to bother you again but I am still having trouble with my Touchscreen and I think I have found the answer but it is in german would you be able to translate it for me.

the problem with mine is that the monitor backlight comes on and the touchscreen works but no picture on the monitor. I get a picture on the normal monitor but not the one that connects to the 44 pin connection.

I used an online translator to get the information but it is in very broken english. Any help would be appreciated. It is a Vampower 7 LCD controller card.

Oh and a happy new year to you all!!

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-5-2006 at 09:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have fixed the problem with lowercase artists and artists with accents not sorting under the correct letter in the artist list for the next release. The artist list sorting should now be perfect and ignore leading The's.

I am thinking about releasing v3.993 in a couple days. So far the only improvement over v3.992 beta 2 is just the artistlist lowercase/accented artist list fix. What do you guys think? Should I just get rid of the A-Z touchscreen slider for now?

Demnos

posted on 1-5-2006 at 11:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by VWBUG
Sorry to bother you again but I am still having trouble with my Touchscreen and I think I have found the answer but it is in german would you be able to translate it for me.

Of course, it would be a pleasure. Do you have a link for me or can you paste the text.

By the way, maybe we better use the U2U system of this forum for the conversation instead of the open area...

Demnos
MTownley

posted on 1-5-2006 at 12:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
I have fixed the problem with lowercase artists and artists with accents not sorting under the correct letter in the artist list for the next release.

I was wondering, what do you do with O with an umlaut - in Dutch it is placed with the letter O, but in other languages (e.g. Icelandic, Swedish) it is placed at the end

see
http://www.ask-group.co.uk/publish/icelandicalph.htm
http://www.ask-group.co.uk/publish/dutchalph.htm

Mark.

p.s. Sorry for being so horrible :D
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-5-2006 at 12:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
I have fixed the problem with lowercase artists and artists with accents not sorting under the correct letter in the artist list for the next release. The artist list sorting should now be perfect and ignore leading The's.

Concerning to me (contrary to Fishy), the artists with accents are already sorted under the correct letter in the artist list! But like I said in my previous post, the artists with accents are often sorted at the end of each letter.

Have you also fixed this problem?
Quote:

I am thinking about releasing v3.993 in a couple days. So far the only improvement over v3.992 beta 2 is just the artistlist lowercase/accented artist list fix. What do you guys think? Should I just get rid of the A-Z touchscreen slider for now?

Well, I don't have a touchscreen, but I think you can remove the new slider under is current form...

Thanks.

Pirk has attached this image:
artistlist3.jpg - 102.09kb

Fishy

posted on 1-5-2006 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Two things that could also be fixed for the release are:

1. Don't drop songlist down on artistlist close.

2. Fix so albumimages and up next images are shown correctly when loading albumlist from cache.

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-5-2006 at 08:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Concerning to me (contrary to Fishy), the artists with accents are already sorted under the correct letter in the artist list! But like I said in my previous post, the artists with accents are often sorted at the end of each letter. Have you also fixed this problem?

Pirk,

Yes that has been fixed. The accents are now treated as their unaccented equivelents during the artist list sort so they should no longer sort to the end of each letter. It should be perfect now. I do not have many accented artists...so test it out and let me know. The Beta 3 download is now in the first post.

Fishy,

#2 is a system resource issue which does not occur on every PC...so unfortunately there is no way for me to fix it.
#1 has been fixed in v3.993.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-6-2006 at 12:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That seems to work perfectly with the beta3: French artists have got back up!! (If you want English lessons, call me... :D)

Thanks Audiosoft. :)

Blaze

posted on 1-7-2006 at 06:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I don't see the need for it. The thing with the scroll buttons works fine for now. So just get rid of it.

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats