Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Bought a Touch screen
VWBUG

posted on 12-19-2005 at 10:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bought a Touch screen

Just bought a touch screen TFT monitor off of ebay for £90 delivered. It is used and only 15" but should be better than the 15"CRT I am using at the moment. It is also a unit mount screen so I will need to make a case for it now. Is the whole ejukebox experience increased with touch screen?
Demnos

posted on 12-19-2005 at 04:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by VWBUG
Is the whole ejukebox experience increased with touch screen?

Yes and no. It is of course much cooler at parties etc. But on the other hand you clearly have the problem that you cannot click as precisely as you can with a mouse - so normally, any application written for touch screens should take that into account and make all (and I mean: ALL) navigation controls so that you can handle them with the tip of your finger.

eJukebox does for the most part support this, but unfortunately a very critical area is lacking this support: The album list navigation. Here you can

a) either activate the standard scroll bar, which is almost impossible to maneuver with the finger - first you cannot grab the thin handle, and once you do have it, albums fly by at incredible speeds unless you manage to move your hand steadily at no more than 0.1 inch per minute.

b) you can activate "scroll buttons", which, when clicked, slowly move the album list pixel by pixel up and down the screen at more or less the same speed you already know from the new autoscroll@inactive feature. So after pressing the DOWN button steadily for only 13 minutes, I am already halfway through my albums...

On "professional" Kiosk systems, any time a large collection of data needs to be presented, there are buttons to scroll up/down one screenful at a time. Another solution could be a "throttle" that increases/decreases the scroll speed as you move it with a finger. Neither of these are currently implemented.
VWBUG

posted on 12-23-2005 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Demnos can you help?

The monitor I bought has a Vampower 7.14 PCI video card with it. I have searched the net for the correct driver for it for use in XP. Most of the sites are in German and I do not understand what they are saying. The driver i have found does not seem to work as i only get a blank white screen, although I can move the pointer around using the microtouch screen, (I can see it on the other monitor). Is this Card compatible with XP, and /or is there an alternative?

Any help would be appreciated.

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-23-2005 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Demnos and VWBUG,

Check out v3.992 beta. It has this new A-Z Slider that I am working on which should make it easier to scroll the albumlist on touchscreens. Let me know what you think. There is still allot more to do...but it is a start.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Demnos

posted on 12-23-2005 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by VWBUG
The monitor I bought has a Vampower 7.14 PCI video card with it. I have searched the net for the correct driver for it for use in XP. Most of the sites are in German and I do not understand what they are saying. The driver i have found does not seem to work as i only get a blank white screen, although I can move the pointer around using the microtouch screen, (I can see it on the other monitor). Is this Card compatible with XP, and /or is there an alternative?

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, all I could do is Google a bit. I found out that the card is manufactured by a company called "Data Display AG" who have their homepage here: http://www.datadisplay.de/

Once you are on that page, you can switch to english and then you can download their drivers. They do have a driver for XP (Version 2.50) from 2003. As this is the most official place (the manufacturer itself) I suppose you won't find any better driver than that one...

Good luck!
VWBUG

posted on 12-24-2005 at 07:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for having a look. That is the driver I have but doesn't seem to work. I will have another go, I must be doing something else wrong.

Made in Scotland
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats