Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: HOW TO: Mark albums as "compilation" outside eJukebox
Kouboy

puzzled.gif posted on 11-24-2005 at 11:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
HOW TO: Mark albums as "compilation" outside eJukebox

My personal mp3 collection contains over 21,000 songs in total and all mp3-files are properly tagged. Every single mp3 belongs to an album. I have put every single album in one single folder with a cover.jpg containing the albums cover picture.

I have stored none-compilation files like, for instance:
C: \ My music \ Albums \ Groups \ Michael Jackson \ Michael Jackson – Number Ones \ 01. Michael Jackson – The Way You Make Me Feel.mp3

...and compilation files are stored as:
C: \ My music \ Compilations \ Pop \ Hitzone \ Hitzone - Volume 33 \ 01. The Black Eyes Peas – Don’t Lie.mp3

When importing songs into eJukebox I want the program to automatically mark albums/songs as compilations. Does anyone know how I can make this happen?
Kouboy

posted on 11-27-2005 at 12:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WORKAROUND

I found a workaround:

In all my compilation songs I put the word 'various' in the artist tag. After this EJ automatically assigns the 'compilation' flag to them.

So now my artists tags looks like...
The Black Eyes Peas (various)
Michael Jackson (various)
Madonna (various)

It's not a very pretty sight but now at least it does the job! :cool:
Fishy

posted on 11-27-2005 at 03:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi guys! Congratulations on choosing ejukebox!

Use the internal editor.

Go to the songlist and rightclick "edit song". Then thick "compilation" for the respective albums... It's located right downunder track # From there you can also set genre, cover image, year and a lot more... Remember to refresh the albumlist to see the changes afterwards..

Also I recommend a program named tag & rename for setting your tags properly, before importing them to ejukebox.

That program will hopefully be redundant when ej is able to get large coverimages and tag albums by itself... Hopefully this will happen with ejukebox 4.0

I don't recommend the albumimage and tag lookup as it is now, as you'll get unexpected results....
I recommend to disable the auto lookup of images before 4.0 is released.. 4.0 is supposed to get large images from amazon.com (300x300) without altering tags ;)

Audiosoft: Maybe it could be an good idea to make the editor more easly accessable? It's kindof hidden away now? And I sure think you will sell more copies of ej, when the autolookup module works properly.. As it is now, users should disable it.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
d003232

posted on 11-29-2005 at 12:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The compilations flag within ejukebox is a very bad way for me. I have compilations. All the files have the same album name. And wenn i click at the album name I see only a few files of that album and the flag is only working for that view files. I have to search the missing ones and set the flag for that ones also.

It seems that ejukebox separate my albums in 3, 4, 5 portions and I have to set the flag for all portions manually to get them together as one album.

Dmnd. I dont understand that. I'm angry about this endless problems with Tags, Covers and incompatibility and the waste of time I have to invest to get a tidy music collection with ejukebox. Thinking about alternatives now.
Demnos

posted on 11-29-2005 at 12:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have to defend Audiosoft here: Unfortunately there is no standard tag in the ID3v2 header that identifies if a track is part of a compilation or not. A big oversight on behalf of the people who defined the ID3v2 standard, I think.

So Audiosoft had to use a "User Defined" or "hidden" Tag called TXXX in order to store this information in the ID3v2 header.

In theory, you could use an outside MP3 Tag program to create this tag yourself and perform mass tagging operations outside of eJukebox. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a tagging program that will actually allow the user to create a TXXX tag. There is only one program that can *display* these hidden tags (google for "Magnus Brading"). While this SW will also allow you to create more tags than any other program I have found, TXXX is not offered.

So at the moment, you are indeed forced to use eJukebox itself.

The error that d003232 reported is a strange one. Normally eJukebox should NOT split new albums in 3,4,5 portions.

Are you quite sure that your tracks have 100% the same album name AND have the same album picture included? *Both* of these things have to be true. If only the album name is the same, but the photo is different, then eJukebox will treat them as coming from different albums. This was done in order to differentiate albums like "Greatest Hits", that have 100% the same name but are in fact, different.

I am willing to bet good money that some of your tracks don't have an embedded album photo and some do....
d003232

posted on 11-30-2005 at 01:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I will try to check the album pictures. And I'm really sure I didnt change the album covers file by file. Normaly I edit one song and set the picture then for the whole album.

It's difficult to find out whats the reason becaus one cant see from where the album covers are coming. I now try to have a folder.jpg in every folder instead of editing the song files.
d003232

posted on 11-30-2005 at 01:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The hidden tags ASNALBUM, ASNIMG, ... are more than one time within some of the song files of the album. Also with diffenrent values within one song.

http://www.antarcon.de/div/tags.jpg

I suppose thats the reason. I dont know if the tags are written by ejukebox or if there have also been some tags before I loaded them into ejukebox.
Demnos

posted on 11-30-2005 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think you are onto something!

Indeed, all the hidden fields of type TXXX ("User Defined Text" in the ID3v2 definition) that eJukebox adds start with the name "asn" (stands for AudioSoftNetwork, I suppose). Normally you should have asncomp=0 or 1 but never both. I have never seen these values being duplicated.

I guess only Audiosoft can help now.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats