Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: I hit the maximize button and now it's locked ...
Phydeau

posted on 11-16-2005 at 11:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hit the maximize button and now it's locked ...

It was giving me an out of memory error, but now isn't so I can't tell you exactly what it was saying. I think I could circumvent this problem if I could manually "unmaximize" the program so it doesn't try to reload in maximized state and crash again. I checked the ini file, and can't see anything that's obviously a maximize=1 or anything.

Any help would be appreciated, because now my beloved jukebox has been rendered unuseable. :(
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-17-2005 at 06:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Restarting eJukebox should fix the problem. Kill the ejukebox.exe process first with windows task manager if you have to.

If not what happens when you restart eJukebox and what resolution are you using?

If it still doesn't work shutdown eJukebox and delete C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.ini and then restart eJukebox. That will reset eJukebox to the default settings. It will also use allot of CPU for about 10 seconds (or more depending on how many songs you have) after startup while it verifies each mp3 file exists...but don't worry you will not need to rebuild your music database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Phydeau

posted on 11-18-2005 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess I shoulda said that, huh?

Ugh, I realized it last night about an hour after posting, I didn't give hardly any information at all. Tired, I guess.

I did kill it, but it's trying to restart in maximized mode, causing the same crash ... so, it never fully loads. The splash screen comes up then the out of memory error window with the [OK] button but it's behind the splash screen and I can't bring it to the front (even with the task manager). I end up having to kill it in task manager because it won't get past the startup.

Thanks for the response though, at least someone did ;)
Phydeau

posted on 11-18-2005 at 02:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
margh, left out something again ...

deleting the ini file worked ... gotta reload the settings and skin, but it unlocked the startup problem.

Thanks again.
Fishy

posted on 11-18-2005 at 12:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Phydeau: Are you using the skin of mine and junk (arctic.skin). I've noticed several problems with this skin lately. And it has not been updated since audiosoft implemented the maximize functions. So there might be issues.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
CiXel

posted on 11-18-2005 at 04:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well then FIX the skin!!! It's my favorite one, and I don't want to be running into any problems.

:P
JK

(But it is my favorite ;)
Phydeau

posted on 11-18-2005 at 04:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, in fact, that's the one I'm using ...

Great looking skin (even if half of it is actually planet's surfaces) Looks great.

Could be the problem, might not be, I dunno. It's all working now.
Fishy

posted on 11-19-2005 at 03:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very glad you guys like it :D

And ejukebox most of all!

The problems I've experienced are mainly buttons in ejukebox. They suddenly stop working with the arctic skin. Problems with the editor, and simular. Can't see why? You guys have no problems?

But we will probably rebuild the skin, using the default one. Cut those filters, which slows it down a lot.. I've not experienced simular problems with the silvertunes skin so I use a modified version of it right now. It's clean and ok, but...
It's still just ok :D

I recommend you guys to edit things yourself in the meantime. Everything in the interface is open for edit. Don't wait for us to fix things :)

I would love to see various skins based on arctic or even just other versions of it.
The skin with all images and such are in the the ejukebox directory.
Please run wild with it and release your skins in the skin download part of the forums!

The edting I will do might result in a completely different skin anyhow. A new version of the arctic will be released with 4.0 anyhow, as a tribute for the support of audiosoft (ty!!) and it will rule :)

But I sure want to use the arctic skin again before that, because it sure looks good when it works :D Thinking about it I miss it quite much and have to fix those issues.

It sure needs some compatibilty updates and estetic makeovers though.. I'll sure see what I can do after those ******* exams..

And I sure have to include my good friend Junk (who introduced me to ej in the first place) in this as well. He is the one behind most of the crazy graphics in the skin :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats