Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: New version and updating the database...
junk

posted on 5-10-2003 at 12:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
New version and updating the database...

I installed eJukebox 3.02 some days ago, and updating my database (rebuilding) now takes 20-30 minutes!

It used to take maybe 6-7 minutes before... the initial scan progressbar(searching for files in:) is now many times slower than it used to be...

In addition, eJukbox also takes ages to start up... from the splash screen until the main program appears, it takes 10 minutes or so... This also happened in the previous version, after my database grew big. (I have 4500 mp3's.)

Has anyone else experienced this?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
jacoblo33

posted on 5-10-2003 at 01:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i have experienced the program getting slower and slower

Especially at startup

I checked the memory usage of ejukebox and combined with winamp its usually around 45-50,0000 k.

Compared to Media Jukebox that for example doesn't use half of that.

I wrote to Audiosoft about this but I haven't received any reply from them for almost two weeks.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
jhlurie

posted on 5-10-2003 at 03:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't mind a gradual increase in memory use if its towards "a good cause" (extra features).

Its funny... for me the app starts fairly quickly, but the slow point is when the NEXT song after that is read from the database. eJ may take 10 seconds to start, and then the second song may take 40 seconds to start up. Then the THIRD song comes up fairly instantaneously.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-10-2003 at 07:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The database update might be a little faster under v3.1 as the ID3 tag reading speed was optimised a bit.

A version update of eJukebox can't be the cause of it being slower during the initial search for MP3s. That code has been the same since v2.0. The reason it may be slow is if your computer is trying to access files on the hard drive at the same time the search is underway. This could be because your computer is using the hard drive as a scratch disk because there is not enough RAM, your antivirus software reading every file that eJukebox searches, or another program trying to access allot of files or a large file.

We realise eJukebox uses alllot of memory. The majority of the memory is used for the display of album images in eJukebox, interactive graphical elements and by the history (forward and back buttons) of the song lists. That said, we are always looking for new ways to reduce the memory usage and will continue to do so.

If you have less than 256 MB of Ram we recommend that you use Winamp 2.91 as it uses less memory.

Also if you have more than one hard drive you should set the Windows system cache to only use 1 hard drive. The hard drive that is newer/faster or the hard drive that does not have Windows installed on it.

If you are using Winamp Visualizations make sure to set the Visualization Plugin Priority to IDLE in Winamp's settings otherwise eJukebox will be slowed considerably.

Also you may want to disable some of eJukebox's animation effect display options in order to make it respond faster.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 5-11-2003 at 08:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The problem suddenly went away... i took a restart, and eJukebox is now faster han ever! It loads up immediately, and updating the database only takes 2-3 minutes or so...

It has been fine since... been running it fast & stable for two days now...

I don't mind it taking up some RAM, now that i have 512 mb...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats