Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Tag problems
cbb77

posted on 11-3-2005 at 11:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tag problems

Is anyone having problems with ejukebox reading the tag information while importing music? I been struggling with this and had hoped 3.99 would solve this but it hasn't. Basically when importing an album via a folder on my pc, it pulls in the songs, but doesn't read the album or track information. As a result, it doesn't display in the albums section; only in Artists. I actually have some that don't even show there. I've tried rebuilding the database and importing my music folders one album at a time. Still seems to be hit and miss. I have all of my folders organized as such: Artist \ Ablum. The files themselves are named with the Artist-Album-Track-Song Name. I've also fixed all tags with Tag & Rename version 3.17. Still have issues. Last 3 albums I've imported have all failed in this manner. One just today - Santana - all that i am. Ripped it and used Tag & Rename to set all tag fields, but for whatever reason, ejukebox didn't like it. Can anyone shed some light as to what I may be doing wrong. I am getting extremely frustrated with ejukebox over this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-4-2005 at 12:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are your files mp3 ?
eJukebox can only read the ID3 tags of mp3 files.

But for all non-mp3 files eJ extracts the tags directly from the file names, if you name them exactly like this:

...\Album\Track# - Artist - Title.xxx

xxx = wma, ogg or anything else than mp3s!

Only there are some gaps:
- The Track# are never extracted -> Is it a bug ?? :(
- The album Years, no more.

:)

:cool: Pirk
cbb77

posted on 11-4-2005 at 10:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yup, all of my files are mp3s. As mentioned, I use Tag & Rename to make sure the tags are all in good order, however it doesn't seem to matter as I still get bad results. It's driving me nuts and away from ejukebox.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-5-2005 at 10:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, your files are mp3s. If you want to be sure they always show up in the album list, maybe you could try to do like me; at least to figure your issues, and eJukebox weakness...:

I name my albums like this: Year - Album
i.e. for Santana 2005 album: 2005 - All that i am

Also, have you added a cover art in your tags ?

This can help eJukebox to assemble albums: same cover = same album. And so, at least there is something to display in the album list...
Personally I don't put covers in tags, I just add a cover.jpg file in each album folder. :)

Good luck.

:cool: Pirk
lewisjsuk

posted on 12-3-2005 at 08:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tag problems

Quote:
Originally posted by cbb77
Is anyone having problems with ejukebox reading the tag information while importing music? I been struggling with this and had hoped 3.99 would solve this but it hasn't. Basically when importing an album via a folder on my pc, it pulls in the songs, but doesn't read the album or track information. As a result, it doesn't display in the albums section; only in Artists. I actually have some that don't even show there. I've tried rebuilding the database and importing my music folders one album at a time. Still seems to be hit and miss. I have all of my folders organized as such: Artist \ Ablum. The files themselves are named with the Artist-Album-Track-Song Name. I've also fixed all tags with Tag & Rename version 3.17. Still have issues. Last 3 albums I've imported have all failed in this manner. One just today - Santana - all that i am. Ripped it and used Tag & Rename to set all tag fields, but for whatever reason, ejukebox didn't like it. Can anyone shed some light as to what I may be doing wrong. I am getting extremely frustrated with ejukebox over this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes,

I'm having similar problems and more, see thread here:
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1298#pid7342

I'd appreaciate some feedback on this from Audiosoft.

Regards

Jamie

Jamie Scott Lewis
d003232

posted on 12-3-2005 at 06:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Look at:
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1298#pid7342

Means the tagging programs now write tags in th Unicode Format UTF-16 by deault. Seems ejukebox dont support UTF-16 in the moment. So you have to use an older tagging program or find a option in you program to write the tags in the former ISO-8859-1 format like MP3tag can do.
kimert

posted on 12-16-2005 at 12:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tags

I had the same problem with an album name ejukebox would only see 51 out of 128 songs on the album - - what i did was delete the tag "asnalbum" using "mp3tag" you don't see it with tag and rename - then I rebuilt the database - and set the compilation "on" - amazing! 128 songs.

Looks like maybe ejukebox write some of its own tags. Use mp3tag to see them, and delete the one you're having trouble with.

Maybe Audiosoft would be nice enough to give a list of the tags - and what they are for?

ASNALBUM
ASNCOMP
ASNIMG
ASNPLAYCNT
ASNUPC

These are some of them - there may be more. Looks like they aren't always written, some of the songs have them - some don't.

kimert
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats