Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Pain in the ass album splitting issue
slick

posted on 11-2-2005 at 03:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pain in the ass album splitting issue

It has long been a problem that ej looks for album covers, finds the song on another album and changes the name of the album for that track only, thereby splitting albums. It leaves a trail of broken albums in it's wake. (I do not have fuzzy logic enabled)

Anywho, as if this isn't bad enough, it has started doing something else. It even splits albums with covers.

e.g.
today I was listening to Iron Maiden's first album, also called Iron Maiden (another point: you can't select just that album to play, it selects the whole Iron Maiden catalogue instead. arrg). As I was listening through the tracks, I noticed that ej created a new album called "The Essential Iron Maiden" and moved some of the tracks there. I am used to this shabby behaviour, so I only play albums once I have saved the cover in the tags. What is totally disgusting is that the album already had a cover, so it shouldn't have been looking elsewhere for a new one in the first place!!!

This brings me to another, related point: Reload the jukebox and a lot of previously found covers disappear. I also think ej only writes the cover to the first tag anyway when it finds them. Play another track off the album and it has to look up that cover too.

Come on man, sort this out!

I am very pIssed off. I am trying to work and I'm sorting out mp3 tags all f**king day long!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-2-2005 at 05:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Slick,

First, I would advise you to check the option: "Disable Automatic Album Cover Lookups" (in Options/Playlist -> Other), in order to stop the massacre of your albums! :o

If you have a lot of complete albums, then maybe you need to fix some of your ID3 tags. In fact I recommend you to verify ALL your tags with a dedicated program like Tag&Rename:
It is very important that you fill in at least the "Artist" and the "Album" tags for each album... But note that, if you have complete albums, T&R can automatically gets album titles from freedb or Amazon site. :)

Personally I put one album per folder with its album cover art named "cover.jpg". So like this no need to add embedded covers, but it's as you prefer!

Once you have done all this necessary preliminary work, then you can import your mp3s in eJukebox, rebuilding your database.
The result is guarantee!! And that will avoid you a lot of pain in future. ;)

Of course theoretically eJukebox can try to do the job for you, but you know the sequence...

:cool: Pirk
slick

posted on 11-8-2005 at 10:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the low down, Pirk. I use Tagscanner as a general rule. There was something annoying about tag&rename, but I can't remember what it was! Tagscanner allows you to 'lock' the album name etc so it can't change whilst renaming.

I might try that cover.jpg trick. Although, I find I am now dragging and dropping a whole new set of covers into ej, because the 100x100 pixel regular ones (or whatever) look horrid when ej is expanded. The covers now need to be at least 300x300, but I'm happy I can see the covers in more detail now.

Any idea when we'll get albums in year order? When you look at say Metallica, you NEED "Kill 'em all" first, followed by "Ride the lightening" etc. Anything else just isn't RIGHT
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know Tagscanner, but it doesn't matter, providing you can fix your tags.

Yep you are right! Drag and drop covers is indeed a very good feature to update too small images.

Albums in year order? ALL RIGHT !! I totally agree with you...
My personal trick for this: I name all my albums "Year - AlbumName", so I already get albums in year order in the album list!
I like to see years displayed in front of album names, but I also think that albums should be sorted in year order by default (or at least optionally), even without years in front.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-9-2005 at 12:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Slick,
It seems there is a problem with the last eJukebox version(s) !? :(
-> http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1323&page=1#pid7161

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats