Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: tags and cover art
jim

posted on 10-3-2005 at 03:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tags and cover art

Audiosoft,

Great program but I have one beef with the coverart that needs a tweek.

I have burned over 1000 CD's and using Itunes and musicmatch. The cover art is embedded in most of the CD's while many of them I embedded by using the above programs, (scan the cover art and embedded using say Itunes). All is fine if you play them in Itunes or Music match you see the cover art all is good.

If you view the song using tag& rename for any other product you can see the cover art also no problem.

If you use Ejuke it does not see the cover art as I did not embed the coverart using tag and rename orginally.

I am not sure how you are viewing embedded coverart but somehow it does not see it unless it is embedded using mp3tag or tag&rename orginally. The current solution of reattaching cover art seems silly to me and I have to believe many others are having or had similar problems.

Thanks.
Jim
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-3-2005 at 09:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : jim
I have to believe many others are having or had similar problems.

Oh Yes...

You are right, it still remains some mysterious incompatibilities with eJukebox concerning the embedded covers. So now I prefer to simply put a "cover.jpg" file in each album folder.

Good luck!

:cool: Pirk
CiXel

posted on 10-4-2005 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yup,
I got frustrated with all that after I had tagged my ENTIRE collection. Now I put a cover.jpg & a folder.jpg AND embed the tag.
That way no matter what program I use I have a fighting chance.
d003232

posted on 11-29-2005 at 10:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jim
... seems silly to me and I have to believe many others are having or had similar problems.

/SIGNED
Demnos

posted on 11-29-2005 at 01:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Again, I have to defend Audiosoft here. How is it their fault if iTUNES has a bug and doesn't write the picture correctly?

Look for example here

http://www.none-of-yo.biz/blog/

"Almost all my albums have cover art associated with them, courtesy of the Album Cover Art Downloader (Windows) which integrates with Amazon.com to smoothly download cover art for your entire collection. My automated encoding scripts also update ID3v2 APIC tags to embed the cover art into convert MP3s. Unfortunately iTunes has a semi-known bug where it incorrectly handles APIC embedded art (in fact iTunes embeds art itself under the incorrect index). I spent about an hour trying to debug this before deciding to just wait until future iTunes releases when this actually works."

There are many more references on the net, I just picked the first one I could find.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats