Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: tags again - sorry
jim

posted on 8-28-2005 at 06:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tags again - sorry

Ok, I think I have taken 5 years off my life with working with tags. I must be an crazy.

1. What version of tags does ejukebox use?
It seems ID3v1 works (id3v2.4 seems not to work) does ID3v2.2 or Id3v2.3 work? What should it be?

2. coverart displays in tag & rename ID3v2 embedded in the tag with the same tag info in id3v1 and it does not show up on Ejukebox?

3. I have many cover art images already embedded in the tags already that I would need a program that extracts the images and creates a cover.jpg file in the directory (automatically)

So ID3v2.x should I be using and how can get the embedded covert art to show up in ejuke.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-28-2005 at 07:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : jim
Ok, I think I have taken 5 years off my life with working with tags. I must be an crazy.

If that can comfort you: we are two! ;)
Quote:

1. What version of tags does ejukebox use?
It seems ID3v1 works (id3v2.4 seems not to work) does ID3v2.2 or Id3v2.3 work? What should it be?

I know that ID3v2 works, but I don't know the exact version.
Quote:

2. coverart displays in tag & rename ID3v2 embedded in the tag with the same tag info in id3v1 and it does not show up on Ejukebox?

In order that the tag infos you modified using a external tagging program appear in eJukebox, you need to rebuild your database. But you can also use the eJukebox editor to add your covers: They will be saved in the ID3 tags!
Quote:

3. I have many cover art images already embedded in the tags already that I would need a program that extracts the images and creates a cover.jpg file in the directory (automatically)

I've done this work manually... :( And now I systematically put a cover.jpg file in the directory instead of tags. Finally it's less complicated! But I don't know any program that extracts the images automatically.
Quote:

So ID3v2.x should I be using and how can get the embedded covert art to show up in ejuke.

See 2.

:)

:cool: Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats