Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Mass Editing
Spazz

posted on 6-27-2005 at 05:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mass Editing

It's about that time again. It would be very nice to have a function to mass edit tags, namely the ratings for me anyways. It would help for those that accidentily strip their id3 tags (I did that a long time ago, sucked) but have their ratings backed up via playlists. Right now I have all my ratings backed up but 5000 or so to enter into Ejukebox and right now I'm not using it at all because that is just too annoying for words to have to go and rate them one by one. If anyone knows of a workaround I'd love to know as I've tried editing the hidden field with the ratings but it doesn't seem to carry over. :mad:

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Rankled

posted on 7-3-2005 at 02:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll second the bulk editing feature. The current editor is very cumbersome. Particularly on the slower system I have. A feature that would allow editing for an entire album, artist, genre or other group would be excellent. If the fields for track numbering and maybe even genre (when available) would auto enter via tagging, that would be nice also.

In a situation where seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, Dedicated EJukeBox PC, Processor:AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHZ CPU Quad core, MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-Mlx, Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB, M-Audio 40 active monitors
Fishy

posted on 7-3-2005 at 02:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mass editing is already available for album name ('rename album'), artist name ('rename'), genre, year and coverimage ('set4all').

Auto numbering for track # and rating would be nice though. However if auto numbering for tracks should work ej would have to take track numbers in filenames or simular as point of departure. Don't know how easy that would be to implement.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Rankled

posted on 7-3-2005 at 03:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know very little about how EJukebox implements file tagging. But I do know that file tagging via cddb etc. provides track num, year & genre, when the file is attributed to an album. Like I said I know very little about EJ other than I love the concept and the execution so far. I have been using it for about a year or so & I love it. I also think that with continuous improvement it will be (if not already) and continue to be the superior solution for music entertainment systems in the universe. I have almost a dozen mp3 players. Including car stereo, personal cd/flash/hard drive /pc (MusicMatch, I love MM) based players. EJ needs a lot of improvement but it is still my favorite music toy.

In a situation where seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, Dedicated EJukeBox PC, Processor:AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHZ CPU Quad core, MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-Mlx, Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB, M-Audio 40 active monitors
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats