Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.98 BETA Download
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

shocked.gif posted on 6-2-2005 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.98 BETA Download

Attached is eJukebox v3.98 Beta for anyone that wants to test it out and report on any problems ahead of the official release.

Have fun and let me know what you think. :D

Here is a SCREENSHOT of the beta running a skin I am working on...with large cover art and AutoScroll Buttons instead of scrollbars...running at 1280x1024

List of the major changes over v3.97:

-NEW optional skinnable AutoScroll Buttons which replace all the scrollbars with big buttons and increases the width of the A-Z bar letters for easier touchscreen usage. "Enable AutoScroll Buttons" Option added to the OTHER section.
-NEW ability to vertically resize the now playing panel to view large album art - when the nowplaying panel width is large enough
-fixed skins not loading 100% correctly when eJukebox started in 800 pixel width mode
-fixed artistlist too wide in eJukebox 800 width mode
-Fixed playlist area update flicker problem with certain skins
-Recoded FadeIn/Out and OnClick Animation effect to base the animation on time (ms) so that it skips frames on slower PCs to make it look smoother than just stopping abruptly when the specified animation time is up.
-Added Fade effects to splash screen, dropdown menus, eJukebox restored from tray icon, and skin change
-Made long artistlist name lines gets spaced closer together so artist names do not run together
-added 300ms delay before popup menus appear off of dropdown menus
-fixed 'looking up cover image' message not being centered on the now playing panel when left panel is stretched wide
- fixed the bug that FREEZE all the AUTOPLAY features once you have more than 32768 songs
-can now click area around title in songlist to add a song to the playlist instead of always having to click the title text
-doubled default autoscroll speed
-can now use listbac.GIF in skin zip to specify a regular GIF or animated songlist background image
-can now use nocover.GIF in skin zip to specify a regular GIF or animated Nocover Image in now playing panel
-reduced transparency on draginfo
-added skin loading message box
-various bug fixes and speed tweaks

Note: This is not an installer....Just save the ejukebox.exe over the old exe in your eJukebox folder.

Updated 6/22/05 - Beta File Download Link has been removed. v3.98 final has been released...please visit the download page on the main audiosoft.net site to grab it.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 6-2-2005 at 07:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow wow wow! Audiosoft!!!!!!

:D :D :D

eJukebox 3.98beta is running on my PC and wow! that seems to be without fail! :cool: :cool: :cool:

So you have already finished the vertical resizing!!!! Little secretive person... ;) This is absolutly fantastic! Impressive!!! eJukebox takes a new dimension with this feature, for sure!

The autoplay modes seems to work again! What pleasure and relief for me that works again! Thanks a lot just for that...

Hey guys, you see what Audiosoft can do when he works on eJukebox?!! :cool:

I will report any problem, but until now everything is per-fect...

Bravo Audiosoft! Encore, encore, en-core!!! :cool: :o :) :D

A very big thank you. ;)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-2-2005 at 08:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Re: doubled default autoscroll speed

Well, certainly this is because of my LCD screen but the new double autoscroll speed produce a "annoying" blur effect. Maybe you could add an option to allow this double autoscroll speed. Unless you can make that be adjustable (0.5x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x options) or maybe with a progressive cursor, if it's possible?

Otherwise yes, I have fun with this new beta version... It's very interesting to see the cover arts in detail! :)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-2-2005 at 08:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, glad you like the improvements... I really like how the large cover ended up looking on the now playing panel at 1280x1024! Thanks for pushing me on that feature.

I have been trying to get the autoscroll speed to be normalized (x pixels moved in x ms) no matter how fast your CPU is...but i am not sure if I can get that to work. Anyways, did you check out the new skinnable AutoScroll Buttons? You can enable them on the OTHER tab in the options panel. Is the scroll speed any better when you use them?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-2-2005 at 09:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've pushed you on the large cover feature because since I've bought my LCD screen there was unused space (or not very well...) on the left side of eJukebox: The large playlist was already perfect, but the nowplaying panel with only its small central picture... I think that was a bit a pity! Even I think I've bought this screen hopping you will enlarge the nowplaying panel in future... ;) I think that's just a logical evolution for eJukebox! :D

Ok, yes I've seen the new large Autoscroll buttons: This is for Demnos! and his touchscreen, sure... ;)
A feature for touchscreen users... The speed is faster than the other way, so the blur pass more quickly! but it is still there. And that hops a bit too... So personally I prefer to use a slow speed. But the opinion of other users may vary...
jojo

posted on 6-2-2005 at 10:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice, Audiosoft !

I just d/led it to play with also. So far I really notice te speed increase in loading and imaging. It sped tings up nicely on my 550 MHZ system I use for Media Server :) Also, I notice the reresh on PPC screen is much faster.

Thank you very much
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-2-2005 at 10:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is my comment on your screenshot:

I like a lot the font you use in the albumlist for artist names. But!?... I'm familiar with your albumlist background image!! I think you have made it using a image generator program, no? I can't remember the name of this product, but sure I've already played with it... maybe 2 years ago! I've produced a very similar background image for my eJukebox albumlist a long time ago, that was on my old computer with the first versions of eJukebox... That's funny! lol
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-2-2005 at 10:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think I might have edited your original image in photoshop. :D It still needs some work but I liked the eJukebox text in the original image and thought it should sit in the background at the bottom of the album list...but the original image was not wide enough no i had to mess with it to get it to work without tiling. I wonder what program you used to make that? Here is a link to the: Original Image

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-2-2005 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah drat! you still have it on your computer!! :D
I tend to lose my works with my hard-drives, that's a shame for me... But I see that's not lost in fact! when it's shared... :)

Re: I wonder what program you used to make that?

I can't remember the name! :( And the HD where it was had been formated many times since that period...
Maybe I will find it again with google... I hope! :)
Willum

posted on 6-3-2005 at 09:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice, now GrandDad can see the song playing from the cauch !!! Thnx AudioSof..

Prik, one you perhaps can answer... now i have the big image in the now playing .. How can i adust just the 2 lines above ? (bigger font).

[Edit] Got it :P [/Edit]
Fishy

posted on 6-3-2005 at 11:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ejukebox has grown up!

Large images, feels faster and suddenly the artistlist looks sexy too. Finally I am going to use it :). The best digital jukebox has taken another leap..

Nice Work Audiosoft! :D

Junk: We got a skin to update :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Willum

posted on 6-3-2005 at 12:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
New problem (?). When i rezise the Now Playing .. close EJ... Start again.. i'ts back to the small size... how to keep it stay the size i want ?
SilverSquadron

posted on 6-3-2005 at 12:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
beta bugs

Bug report:

(see screenshot)
1. When pulling down the playlist to ENLARGE the cover image, the image gets larger which is FANTASTIC, (SUPERB in
res 1280x1024), but it gets a tine bit TOO large; therefor
ending up behind the VOLUME bar.

2. Also the text gets printed tiny little bit TOO high, cutting its top edge.

3. Top UP-BUTTON block the text at the top of the artist list.

4. Strange ARTIST mismatch. 'Bjork' should be 'live'.
Considering this last point et me provide some extra info:

type: .APE.
path: D:\AudioDump\SK Pro 6\Songs\Live - V\
file: Live-04, Like A Soldier
tag&rename info: filename=Live-04, Like A Soldier.ape Artis=Live, Album=V,Title=Like A Soldier
so this seems to be alright, but the ej's Édit Song'says the Artist is Bjork, which is wrong. (This happens with many albums)

:P

SilverSquadron has attached this image:
juke.jpg - 117.36kb
Demnos

posted on 6-3-2005 at 01:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WOW...I just saw the new version is up and it includes BUTTONS instead of a scrollbar!!?!?! FANTASTIC, I cannot wait to rush home and try it out. This is the single best addition to eJukebox in the...ah....last 6 months (just kidding). Well done, Audiosoft!!!!

Pirk: I know the program you used to generate the background! I have it on my computer at home and use it frequently when I make my own CD covers with mixed tracks, it is absolutely great for that. Millions of combinations of very slick looking modern graphical elements, especially useful for designing covers for samplers of electronic/ambient/lounge/trance/techno music. Also good for web pages etc...

Only problem is I don't remember the name right now, but I'll look for it on my hard disk tonight. It is 100% the same program you used, I recognize the style immediately.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-3-2005 at 04:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah great Demnos! You will be my saviour... :)

Thanks.
jojo

posted on 6-3-2005 at 07:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Minor bug report (3.98 Beta)

I noticed, previous verison too...
I have all of my music sitting on a network server, accessed through the network, maped drive to Z:. It seems that when I attempt to clean/refresh the data base EJ crashes out, with no specific message.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
VWBUG

posted on 6-3-2005 at 07:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I get the same thing, posted previously about it. My music is not on a network drive though. I have a dedicated system only for ejukebox. Have'nt tried refreshing on 3.98beta yet, will do it now and see if it still happens.

Yep still crashes EJ but winamp stays open and continues to play song. There were others also getting this problem but they said that it seemed to resolve itself after a while.
jojo

posted on 6-3-2005 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It seems relativly new, never happened when EJ ran on my laptop, even hen I trial ran the network drive access. Now it does it on this one machine... Could it be a resource issue ? it's on a 550 MHZ P3 with 256 mb ram, should be enough.... The only thing lacking is it's a 10GB drive, and running XP SP2, but then so is the laptop <shrugg>
rlailey

posted on 6-3-2005 at 09:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
...I feel a bit left out - I haven't found any problems with v3.98 yet.

I'm always a bit reserved about installing Beta software, but I took the risk and it's OK, or at least it works OK on my widescreen (16:9) projector system.

Well done Audiosoft
Fishy

posted on 6-3-2005 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
*If you use the "expand/hide ejukebox panels" the coverimage size is reset.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
VWBUG

posted on 6-4-2005 at 06:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

It seems relativly new, never happened when EJ ran on my laptop, even hen I trial ran the network drive access. Now it does it on this one machine... Could it be a resource issue ? it's on a 550 MHZ P3 with 256 mb ram, should be enough.... The only thing lacking is it's a 10GB drive, and running XP SP2, but then so is the laptop <shrugg>

I am running EJ Only, on a dedicated system, XP Pro SP2, Athlon 1.2GHz, 352 MB of RAM. always had the problem, but as Audiosoft says you don't really need the refresh function anyway, but I would like it to work all the same.
Demnos

posted on 6-4-2005 at 07:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk
Ah great Demnos! You will be my saviour... :)

Thanks.

Found it!

It is called "n-gen", made by www.movedesign.com

Have fun!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-4-2005 at 11:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you very much Demnos! :cool:

Great machine indeed:
;)

Pirk has attached this image:
n_Gen Image-05.jpg - 236.88kb
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 6-4-2005 at 11:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Team, at work...

n_Gen Image-04.jpg - 171.46kb
Pirk
Posting Freak

smilegrin.gif posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
But the "Spacefarm" module is more corresponding to what we need:

n_Gen Image-13.jpg - 328.94kb
Fishy

posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hehe, those old factory pictures are almost romantic ;). I have to admit that I liked the last one best though. Nice work!

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This one? :D

n_Gen Image-06.jpg - 257.51kb
Fishy

posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
LOL! No? ;)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, sorry Fishy! lol I haved removed the last one, so...

I have faith in Audiosoft to remove the images "they" don't like! :P
rllercstr7

posted on 6-4-2005 at 07:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow it is awsome see album covers this big. Thats a big improvement! Great job Audiosoft. I did find on glitch with it though. If you make the cover realtively big and then click on the button in the top right corner to make eJukebox fill the screen, it pushes the now playing window back to the size it has been in previous versions instead of keeping the bigger area for Now Playing. It also chops the album image in half and hides the buttons on right side of the control bar. Its hard to explain so I attached a picture. Is it possible to make the far right border dragable instead of using the button?

Also Audiosoft I sent in for a new serial number the 17th of last month, but have not recieved it. I also sent a followup to updatereg@audiosoft.net after not recieving one on the first. Do you need me to U2U my information for a new one? Thank you and againg GREAT JOB on 3.98!

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
eJukebox copy.jpg - 113.67kb
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats