Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Thumbnails
deadmouse

posted on 5-13-2005 at 05:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thumbnails

does anyone know where the album thumbnails are stored? are they stored in the install directory, or written into the mp3s themselves?

thanks, i just discoved this prog and hope all is going well :)
Demnos

posted on 5-13-2005 at 09:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello deadmouse,

1. All cover images are stored in the eJukebox database.

2. There are images that eJukebox looks up on the internet. eJukebox will store a reference# in the mp3 tag so that it will remember where to download the image from after transfering your mp3 files or rebuilding the database.

3. Images that you set outside of the automatic lookup (using the "Use from..." button on the editor) actually get encoded into the mp3 files tag. You can see these images in Tag&Rename...and eJukebox will read in the image from the tag and use those images when you setup your database.

4. Once you have run eJukebox at least once with the "Albums" page active, it will generate a HTML file with all album covers. The thumbnails used on that HTML page can be found in the "temporary internet files" folder in the user profile directory.

This directory is actually hidden, so you won't be able to see it in Explorer. You can open a DOS-Like command prompt to find it, or log in as a different user with admin rights.

Hope this answers your question!
deadmouse

posted on 5-13-2005 at 12:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
wow, thanks for the reply!

i was asking because this is currently installed on my main pc. soon, i will be building a new pc just for my mp3 collection, with eJ on it. when i install eJ on the new pc, i didnt know if i was going to have to re-look up the album covers it didnt automatically find when i first ran it on this pc. thanks for teh reply, it should help alot :)
cbsoundman

posted on 5-13-2005 at 04:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have encoded the image in the MP3 files so I don't have to worry about it. eJukebox would sometimes return the wrong album in the lookup and ruin my tag.
Fishy

posted on 5-14-2005 at 02:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Disable the autolookup "feature" and use an external tageditor like tag and rename is my tip. Make sure the tags are ok before your import it to ej, and don't allow ejukebox to edit your tags. That's my policy at least.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats