Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.97/v3.98 BugList
Pirk
Posting Freak

shocked.gif posted on 4-24-2005 at 12:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.97/v3.98 BugList

1) Autoplay modes freeze over 32768 songs: [FIXED in v3.98]

If you have more than 32768 songs the Autoplay modes don't work anymore. eJ play alternatively the songs from only 2 albums. So it plays entire albums by pairs, and it pass the database in reverse alphabetical order!
I think that is the "random" function which stop to produce random numbers...

2) START eJ in CUSTOM or BOOKMARK autoplay mode WITH the 'start playback on startup' option UNchecked:

If you start eJukebox in custom mode or bookmark mode AND you have unchecked the option 'start playback on startup', the "Up next" area is empty or it just duplicates the now playing song. There is only 1 song in the WINAMP playlist instead of 2 normally, so eJukebox can't move to a following song: It is and remains... stuck!!

3) DRAG albums from the Albumlist to the Playlist: [FIXED in v3.99]

3.a) Double and multiple albums:
If you drag from the Albumlist a album including 2 CDs or more, the dragging box indicate [1 songs] and it drops none song in the playlist.
Maybe in this particular case the message box could warn the user: [x CDs, x songs].

3.b) Album names with a comment in brackets:
i.e.: Album name (Comment)
If you drag from the Albumlist a album having a comment in brackets (not displayed in the albumlist), the dragging box indicate [1 songs] and it drops none song in the playlist.

4) In the EDITOR, the LINKS to Windows Explorer fail if they contain a COMMA --> , : [FIXED in v3.99]

In the "File Info" part, the "DoubleClick to Go to File" feature doesn't work if the link to the concerned file contains a comma somewhere (either in the folder structure or in the file name itself). Because in this case eJukebox pass a wrong link to Windows. The first part, before the comma, seems to be ignored and only the second part after the comma is transmitted. So Windows Explorer displays a error message saying this path does not exist...

Examples of path links which fail because of a comma:
c:/mp3/Rolling Stones, The/Forty Licks/...
c:/mp3/Springsteen, Bruce/The Rising/...
c:/mp3/ZZ Top/Chrome, Smoke & BBQ/...
c:/mp3/ABBA/1992 - Gold/09. Money, Money, Money.mp3

5) TRACKS# not extracted from file names for NON-MP3 files:

Each time I add non-mp3 files to eJukebox all the infos are correctly extracted from the file names EXCEPT the tracks# !
I name my non-mp3 files as recommended: track# - artist - title.xxx, but eJukebox seems to ignore the track#. It appears none track# in eJukebox, the corresponding field in the songlist is empty!

6) Not a bug, but a good suggestion: Why not to extract album YEARS from folder names?!

Still about non-mp3 files: I think the Album Year could be extracted from the folder name: /YEAR - Albumname/Track# - Artist - Title.xxx

Thus we would have a complete solution for all the non-mp3 files, without need of any additional text files...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2005 at 02:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
cbsoundman

posted on 5-9-2005 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It also crashes when entering in a "[" in the album field when not using the "rename album" button and just using the field.
SilverSquadron

posted on 6-20-2005 at 02:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Critical bug !

As depicted before under "Ejukebox v3.98 BETA download' from 6-3-2005 at 12:03 PM, bug 4:

BUG:
===
Strange ARTIST mismatch.
When looking at the provided picture at the location described above, one could see that the artist ('Bjork') is WRONG and should be a different artist ('live').
Somehow the administration is MIXING UP ARTISTS.
From a FRESH XP install, reading about 800 ape's results in
at least 5 ARTIST MISMATCHES. (Maybe more, not tested yet.).

Could this be a new bug, are was this defect already known.

Extra info:

type: .APE.
path: D:\AudioDump\SK Pro 6\Songs\Live - V\
file: Live-04, Like A Soldier
tag&rename info: filename=Live-04, Like A Soldier.ape Artis=Live, Album=V,Title=Like A Soldier
so this seems to be alright, but the ej's Édit Song'says the Artist is Bjork, which is wrong. (This happens with many albums)

:mad: :D
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-20-2005 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
SilverSquadron,

eJukebox only supports reading and writing to MP3 id3 tags - there is no APE tag support. So the only way eJukebox can get the correct info from non-MP3 files is if the song's filename is formatted 'artist - title.ape' or 'track# - artist - title.ape'. In which case eJukebox will be able to extract the info from the file name itself. eJukebox will also get the album name from the containing folder's name if there is a cover.jpg file in the folder.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-21-2005 at 12:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tracks# not extracted when using the "non-mp3" file import method... And a suggestion: Why not to extract album YEARS from folder names?!

Hi Audiosoft,

I take advantage of your reply to refer to the non-mp3 import method:
Each time I add some non-mp3 files to eJukebox all the infos are extracted correctly from the file names except the track# ! :(
I name my non-mp3 files as recommended: track# - artist - title.xxx, but eJukebox seems to ignore the track#. It appears none track# in eJukebox, the corresponding field in the songlist is empty! So I think it's a bug...

And also, nothing is planned for the album YEAR field?
It's a shame because your "non-mp3" method works very good for ALL file formats!! :)
If you could add the year extraction (and fix the track# problem), the file name extraction would be a universal method: No need to fix the tags once again with the eJ editor.

I think the Year tag could be extracted from the folder name: 'Year - Albumname'

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Demnos

posted on 6-30-2005 at 08:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1. When ejukebox starts up with the new scroll buttons enabled, the <scroll up> button is missing, you can only scroll down. This is true for every view except for the Album view, as soon as you go there for the first time, you will get both buttons throughout all screens of the program.

2. Not a bug, but I really think the scroll buttons advance way to slow. Browsing the album list takes F o r e v e r. Have you tried it? It is unusable IMHO. Could you increase the speed? Of course even better would be if the scroll buttons would "page forward/backward" exactly by one screenful if you tap them.

3. Congratulations for really cleaning up the "fuzzy search" issues to a great extent. I just rebuilt a complete new database in a fresh directory. Of the 10425 files I imported, 10412 made it into eJukebox, only 13 missing. In previous versions, it used to be hundreds.

The only files it didn't import were:

- The track "Incomplete" (From "Fish" - "Raingods with Zippos")
- The entire "Recycle Or Die" Label Compilation (6 tracks)
- 6 tracks that were under 30 seconds length.

It would be nice if there were an option to import EVERYTHING even if it is called "Incomplete" or "Recycle" or has some other keyword that we don't even know yet.
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2005 at 02:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Couldn't agree more on issue # 3. Remember that I had some hours with frustration trying to get "The Soundtrack of our Lives - Welcome to the infant freebase" away from the compilation header. I guess Ejukebox detected the word "soundtrack" and automatically put a compilation mark on all songs in the album. Even though all soundtracks are not compilations, but often made by one artist alltogether (The Blade Runner Score by Vangelis for instance). I "solved" the Soundtrack of Our lives issue by renaming the artist in the ejukebox editor to "S.track of our lives". I have quite a few of these desperate sollutions in my albumslist :), so it would be nice if these 'keywords' were made optional. Even if there always are workarounds that serve their purpose.

In sum an option to make everything unfuzzy (genre sorting, year sorting, albumsorting, etc.) except the albumlist search and songlist searchbox beside the edv button. At least this seems like a good idea to me.

As for non-mp3 files I remember audiosoft talking about atextfile sollution (kindof .ini file) which could hold tag information for these files so they didn't get lost on rebuild for instance. I still think that sounds like a good idea :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-30-2005 at 05:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
As for non-mp3 files I remember audiosoft talking about a textfile sollution (kindof .ini file) which could hold tag information for these files so they didn't get lost on rebuild for instance. I still think that sounds like a good idea :)

Yeah, I remember the text file solution... You are right, at first sight that seems to be a "easy-and-good" idea, BUT just a question:
How you (or eJukebox) will create these text files the first time???
You will still need to MANUALLY fix these pseudo-tags for all your non-mp3 files using the eJukebox editor after you have imported them in eJukebox... No good!! :(

The major benefit of the "folder/filemanes" solution is that you can "format" your folders and filenames in advance using your favorite Tag Editor (Tag&Rename or others, no matter...) AT THE SAME TIME that you fix the "real" tags, and before you import your files in eJukebox.
After this single external edition, eJ will directly recognize the right "pseudo-tags"... (and the real tags are good too!)

So guys, do you see the time saving and annoyance we could avoid using the "folder/filenames" method?
Especially as this method already exits and works very good! But it would just need to be completed: Track# and Year... :)

Thanks ;)

PS: To Fishy, I'm sorry but I can't let you have an easy life during all the summer, while me I still work! :P

Fishy

posted on 6-30-2005 at 07:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk: Hmm.. What are you referring to? What are you plotting? Are you going to put me to work? Please don't :o :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-30-2005 at 08:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No no, nothing... don't take off your flippers! :D

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-17-2005 at 07:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

I've updated my bug list: 2) 3) 4) 5) and 6)

2) is the major bug, but the others exist too!

6) is a (good) suggestion... :D

Thanks. :)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-19-2005 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

I have just finished fixing #4 and #3 (Draging a multi-disc album from the album list does not work) for v3.99. Works great now and drags all songs from all discs in track order. Looking into the other issues....

Seems to me, #2 only occurs if Custom Mode or Bookmark Mode are setup wrong and have 0 songs to play. In which case it would not be a bug because there really is nothing up next...you would just need to go and correct the playmode settings so you have some songs available to AutoPlay.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Willum

posted on 10-20-2005 at 04:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
The problem with #2 is as follow: If i configure EJ to start with a playlist, it does not do so.. it just has one song and is repeataly playing this. What I (and probebly Prik) likes is: If you set to load a playlist at startup , that it load the playlist regardless of what the current songs are in EJ.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-20-2005 at 08:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am trying to dupicate #2 but bookmark mode works fine here at startup. When this problem happens, can you click the >> button to get it working?

Willum

posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok, here we go:

In Winamp is one song in the playlist.. when i start EJ i see
1 song in the now playing and -1 song in the Up next (autoplay)

I press the >> Song in Now Playing and Up next are the same.

I close EJ and clear the Winamp playlist.
Start EJ.. Song in now playing and 1 song in Up next... when I press the >> Both change (now playing and Up next) but still one song in the Up next (there are 20 songs in the playlist ).

Wat I woul like to see is: Regardless of there are songs in the playlist of Winamp... Start EJ and load the Playlist I have specified.. so 1 song of the playlist into Now Playing and 19 songs into the Up next list (Next).

I hope this will help. PS I have send you 5 jpg files to show the screens.. cant set them on my www page
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

- I set eJukebox in CUSTOM mode, it starts to play songs normally...

Pirk has attached this image:
eJbug1.jpg - 78.17kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
At this moment everything is OK, I have one Up Next song:

ejbug2.jpg - 69.49kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
- Then I close eJukebox. But when I restart it, I get this:

ejbug3.jpg - 86.51kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If I click on the forward button, eJ stays on the same song!
I need to drag a full album in the playlist to unfreeze the next song area.

Fishy

posted on 10-20-2005 at 12:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, I am unable to replicate this bug for some reason.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 04:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Coming back from work, I start my PC and run eJukebox.. And now I get this:

ejbug4.jpg - 92.32kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 04:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
But this time the forward button works. !?

ejbug5.jpg - 102.44kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 04:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Only if I close and restart eJukebox, the up next erea is empty again... :(

ejbug6.jpg - 90.8kb

Dyno Don

posted on 10-20-2005 at 05:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know if this helps, but when eJ freezes for me with the last song stuck in the now playing window, I right click, chose previous song and then click off of it. It almost always jumps up to the song that is playing now. But yes that is a bug.

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dyno Don,

Your trick doesn't work for me.
As eJ is stuck from the first song played, there is none previous song to play... So nothing occur when I click on the Previous or Subsequent right click menus.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 06:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Pirk,

I have just finished fixing #4 and #3 (Draging a multi-disc album from the album list does not work) for v3.99. Works great now and drags all songs from all discs in track order. Looking into the other issues....

Great! Thank you very much for that already... :)

Quote:
Seems to me, #2 only occurs if Custom Mode or Bookmark Mode are setup wrong and have 0 songs to play. In which case it would not be a bug because there really is nothing up next...you would just need to go and correct the playmode settings so you have some songs available to AutoPlay.

No, as you can see on my first screenshot I have put a lot of songs to play in the custom mode!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Willum
PS I have send you 5 jpg files to show the screens.. cant set them on my www page

You can upload files or images directly from your PC to the forums: Look the bottom line when you write a post... ;)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-20-2005 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am still looking into #2...

In the mean time, I thought some of you may want to check out the: eJukebox v3.99 BETA 1 Download that I just put up.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 08:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
I am still looking into #2...

In the mean time, I thought some of you may want to check out the: eJukebox v3.99 BETA 1 Download that I just put up.

Thank you for your perseverance on #2...
Already checked the beta version! :D

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats