Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The autoplay modes don't work any more!! Too much songs?? [FIXED in eJ v3.98 Beta]
Pirk
Posting Freak

puzzled.gif posted on 4-21-2005 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The autoplay modes don't work any more!! Too much songs?? [FIXED in eJ v3.98 Beta]

I use to let eJukebox play my music using the Autoplay modes... but since a few days it seems to want to play only ONE ARTIST! And it plays me this artist and only this one again and again...
I manage to change the artist if I change the autoplay settings, but whatever I do, the eJukebox autoplay mode end to freeze on a artist in particular.
That occur even if I don't filter at all, so in this case eJukebox should play songs chosen among the entire database, and not only a artist!! It's like if something disrupted the Autoplay mode. A strange bug in short!

I would just specify, if that can help, these last weeks I've added a lot of new albums... So now I've more than 32.900 songs in my database: I suspect that could cause the disorders I've described !?

Thanks.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-22-2005 at 04:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is there someone else who experience this bug? :(

Or is there people who have more than 32.000 songs in eJukebox end who don't experience any problem with the autoplay modes?

Thanks! :)
Fishy

posted on 4-22-2005 at 04:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Pirk. Unfortunately I can't answer your question since I just have around 28000 songs.. But what a comeback ;) Didn't you lose all your stuff a couple of months ago? Makes me belive that your access to music is very very instant... ;)

Hope you'll figure out of the problem. I will tell you if autoplay works for me when I pass the magical 32000 songs limit, might take a while before that happens though. Autoplay modes is a must!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-22-2005 at 04:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've also noticed that sometimes eJukebox play alternately songs from 2 albums, until it have played all the songs of these albums... And after that it pass to another album and it play alternately all the songs of this album.

In fact it play albums in pairs and it pass all the albums of the database in reverse alphabetical order! :o

So Audiosoft, I conclude the bug is:
The random play feature in eJukebox don't work anymore if you have more than 32000 songs in your database.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-22-2005 at 04:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
Hi Pirk. Unfortunately I can't answer your question since I just have around 28000 songs.. But what a comeback ;) Didn't you lose all your stuff a couple of months ago? Makes me belive that your access to music is very very instant... ;)

Hope you'll figure out of the problem. I will tell you if autoplay works for me when I pass the magical 32000 songs limit, might take a while before that happens though. Autoplay modes is a must!

Hi Fishy! ;)
Well... thank you very much for your help for my comeback! (It's also thanks to my french "Internet" friends...) :cool:

And Fishy, you know I can also help you a bit, if you want to experience the bug more rapidly!! :D
Fishy

posted on 4-22-2005 at 05:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm I am not in a hurry to experience this as it sounds kindof terrible.. I sure hope audiosoft takes this seriously and looks into it. Don't think I will continue to use ej if this bug persists in the long run :(

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-22-2005 at 06:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Of course Fishy I also hope Audiosoft fix this bug urgently!
As you says, it's terrible! If the autoplay modes don't work anymore, eJukebox lose a grand part of its interest. :(
So I hope the bug will be fixed already in 4.0 version... It's serious!

>>>> I just would like that someone else -who also have more than 32000 songs- confirm this bug:

Please guys, DJs or other, if you want to save this bug be persistant in 4.0, maybe for a long time... :(
TEST and REPORT your own experience! :o

Thanks.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-22-2005 at 08:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, please fix this bug! It's a disaster, eJukebox is unusable!! :( :( :(
fundseth

posted on 4-22-2005 at 09:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
signed integers

hi there,

Being a programmer I think this sounds like there is a problem with signed/unsigned integers internally in the eJukebox program. When computers are handling 16bit integers they can be signed or unsigned. Using signed integers there is a maximum value of 32768 while unsigned integers may be up to 65535. If this is the problem, 32768 songs would be the 'magic' limit. Unfortunately this will not help you guys, but I'm sure Audiosoft will fix this easily:)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-22-2005 at 10:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ha ha! That's very interesting... So you have confidence in Audiosoft!
Me too!! ;)

Thank you very much for your explanations, fundseh :)
rlailey

posted on 4-22-2005 at 10:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can remember when 20Mb was an unfeasibly large hard disk (yes Mb!). Signed or unsigned these integers need to be encrypted in a vault with the key thrown away before someone meets their limit and fills eJ with the maximum available number of songs...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-22-2005 at 10:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So I've dug up the old key! :D
rlailey

posted on 4-22-2005 at 10:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
32000 songs is probably more than I will ever need, but then I'm just a nobody who is into other things with only 10000 songs. Hope that key can get buried again with eJ4
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats