Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Autodownload review
Fishy

posted on 4-2-2005 at 05:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Autodownload review

I would love to see a feature which automatically could get an albumreview from an online source and throw this information into the lyrics field in the tageditor. Could also work well for lyrics as well, maybe one could define this in the quicklinks.ini?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
jhlurie

posted on 4-4-2005 at 02:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't get it. Why would you want to swipe the Lyrics area for reviews rather than using a generic "Comments" area (which many of us have been asking Audiosoft to add anyway)?
Fishy

posted on 4-4-2005 at 09:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thinking about it, it would of course be the best sollution if they could make an own field for this.

I suggested the lyrics area because I was looking at it right before I posted this request and thought "that is a pityful waste of space" (I never use the lyricsfield for lyrics as I generally listen to instrumental music, electronica etc). But, I agree of course, the best sollution for everyone would be to keep the lyricsfield and add a field for comments in addition. Tageditors like tag&rename (and others?) tend to put reviews in a comments field and all audiosoft would have to do was to make this field available in ejukebox?

Probably one should also implement an easy way to switch between the two fields inside the editor? Since having both visable at the same time could clutter the editor too much and result in too much scrolling. Anyways I think having albumreviews available inside ejukebox would make an exellent addition. And yes, I know it has been requested before, just wanted to bring the discussion back into daylight.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-4-2005 at 04:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm... yes that's a very old request! :D

The problem is to find somewhere to display a comment and/or lyrics field OUTSIDE the editor... But where?

I think the best would be if it exists 2 new "Tools" menus which display either the comment or the lyrics fields in the songlist area: 2 new "html" pages in short, with their respective "comment.dis" and "lyrics.dis" files! ;)

Feasible, no Audiosoft? :)
cbsoundman

posted on 4-4-2005 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My opinion...for what it is worth:

Reviews in the comments tag since there is already a standardized field for lyrics.

Also, I wish EJ would put album art in the album art tag.

I just think that standardized fields should be used where possible.

Thanks.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-4-2005 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Of course cbsoundman, I agree! everything in the standardized id3 tag fields...
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats