Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Different Users
slick

posted on 3-9-2005 at 02:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Different Users

Ok, so this is a place for requests. We come up with them and eJ gets better as a result. So chew this one over...

Me & my girlfriend have a lot of common ground in the music stakes. She loves playing with my eJ and listening to my tracks. However, we also disagree on a lot of stuff. She likes Glam Rock which I cannot stand. I don't like my database been cluttered with bands like poison, bon jovi, tigertails etc. which gets in the way of my Perfect Circle, Kyuss, Glassjaw. Sometimes when she's not around I find myself rebuilding the database minus her songs (all kept in one bulky folder :) ). This takes time cos my machine is old and creaky and I'm up to 30Gb of stuff.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a button you pressed that changed the skin to pussycats and the music changed to something else? (Don't laugh at the skin, she wants me to make one)

I could change the Genre of her songs to something else instead of this but then I'll still see 'em in my jukebox!

This request might sound a bit odd, but I defo remember a car that changed the mirrors, driving position etc depending on who was driving. (This would be cool for us also, but that's another story.)

Just a thought, that's all. You could call the feature "Family Friendly" or summat and have a number of different profiles.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for reading.
Fishy

posted on 3-9-2005 at 02:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by slick
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a button you pressed that changed the skin to pussycats and the music changed to something else? (Don't laugh at the skin, she wants me to make one)

Remember to post it in the skin section when you're done :P

I like the request. Having a possibility to have multiple databases/asn's and an easy way to switch between them from the interface might.... save a lot of relationships :) Shouldn't be too much work to implement?

For now you can make a copy of your ejukebox directory, delete the ejuke.asn file in the copy. Then generate a glamrock database for your girlfriend.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-9-2005 at 08:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

She loves playing with my eJ

:D That's great! ;)

I also would like a multi-user/circumstances... jukebox, a kind of chameleon! :P
slick

posted on 3-17-2005 at 11:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys. It's always you two! Do you work for audiosoft?

Quote:
For now you can make a copy of your ejukebox directory, delete the ejuke.asn file in the copy. Then generate a glamrock database for your girlfriend.

Can you please explain this in more detail? I don't know what an .asn file is or does....

She'd have to treat me real nice for the cat-skin, Fishy

I'm laughing at the chameleon skin. Maybe you could trigger it by genre or maybe by the number of stars awarded to the songs. He he: skin goes black when the REAL music starts lol

PS. Where is version 4.00? I don't want to re-learn skinning when it might be outdated in a week.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-18-2005 at 01:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v4.00 starts here...: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1180&page=1#pid5891 :cool:

and... yes, Audiosoft is our boss! :D
Although, i can't remember my last pay envelope?? :(

;)
slick

posted on 3-19-2005 at 06:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v4

Hey guys,

Just read the info about v4. Sounds exciting. Looks like you guys are using a variant of my Bitsumo skin and I'm happy with that. Seriously, why don't you guys hire me to make some more skins for you? I could then spend some serious time designing them?

PS. Can you explain your early response re 2 databases but one program,

Thanks
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-20-2005 at 03:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Slick,
First of all, i would like to congratulate you again for your Bitsumo skin! It is great! Don't hesitate to update it when v4 will come out...
Or maybe you will offer us a new one for the occasion!? :)

Concerning the 2 databases, it's easy:
You can still install a second eJukebox on your PC! You just need to specify a different folder during the install process: "c:/program files/eJukebox 2" for instance. And depending the database you/she wants, you just have to click on the corresponding program shortcut...
Like that your girlfriend can also have her own skin matched with her favorite music! ;)

But i admit that should not be the definitive solution. A global configuration selector (user settings) somewhere in the program (maybe a user login panel... :o) would be more elegant!
What you think, Audiosoft? :)
slick

posted on 3-22-2005 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v4 skins

Glad you like the skin. I use the Death Version after using the Blue Version for ages. I think I do need to do some more skins, it's just a matter of finding the time. I'm thinking a charcoal grey with deep orange hi-lights..

Thanks for info on 2 databases. Surely I would need 2 licences to run 2 versions of the program?

Yes, it would be better to select user. In effect, it's just a master genre with skin attached:

eg.
User = Slick: rock, retro, metal
User = Texas: rock, retro, glam
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-22-2005 at 06:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK for your plans to do a charcoal skin! Good idea, I'm sure that will be very hot! :D
I hope you will find enough time for our happiness!

2 databases:
No need to register again for a second installation, since it's on the same PC. Your initial registration will remain valid as long as your different eJukebox installations remain on an only PC.
-It could even be imaginable to instal as much eJukebox versions as different mistress... No limitation for registration! But, in this case, i guess it could appears some other kind of problems at home... Though, for sure, skins can be helpful!! :D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats