Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cover Lookup Changes Name Of Single
slick

posted on 3-2-2005 at 05:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cover Lookup Changes Name Of Single

...and it's driving me nuts!

When you play a new song, eJ looks for a cover. When it can't find the single it's looking for it changes the name to one it can find and changes the tag. Arrrrg i have broken albums all over the place.

e.g. looking for "I Miss You [Darren Emmisons Underwater]" on the "I Miss You" single by Bjork it decides this is the same as "I Miss You" on the "Post" album. It then moves the song out of the single and sets it up as a one song album called post. The single then has a song missing!

Any ideas?
Fishy

posted on 3-3-2005 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not exactly a sollution of the problem.. But I would run my mp3's through a tageditor which can download tag information and images from the web directly (tag & rename and several others are capable). After doing this I would rebuild the ejukebox database. Personally I prefer to fix tags before importing the album into ej. If I can't find the cover image with the tageditor, I usally grab one myself from a google search on the net. Then one is ensured that the correct albumimage get's attached to the correct album (stupid computers). Therefore I have the autolookup feature disabled.

I agree with you that it would be lovely if the autolookup was more accurate.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
cbsoundman

posted on 3-3-2005 at 01:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am in agreement with Fishy...even if I get every part of the tag right, sometimes when it looks up the image, it sticks new information in the tags. I do not let the autocover lookup run. I import less than 100 songs at a time and manually edit each song.

Fishy or anyone, can you recommend a tag editor that puts in the images that eJukebox uses? I would rather just do it when I edit the tags.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-3-2005 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : cbsoundman
Fishy or anyone, can you recommend a tag editor that puts in the images that eJukebox uses? I would rather just do it when I edit the tags.

Tag&Rename works good with eJukebox, even if personally now i simply put a COVER.JPG file in each album repertory... That works great too! :)
CiXel

posted on 3-4-2005 at 05:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Tag&Rename works good with eJukebox, even if personally now i simply put a COVER.JPG file in each album repertory... That works great too! :)

I use Tag program called MP3tagtools which lets me specify into which field the cover goes into (EJ for some reason requires the cover be embedded into "Other" as opposed to cover front.

As Far as Cover.jpgs in the folders, that's a great idea, but all of mine have the album covers as folder.jpg (becasue that's what Many programs withh use for album cover information)
Maybe we could specify in an option menu in EJ what the covername would be called? Default it to Cover.jpg like it is now, but allowing it to be changed to Folder.jpg, or I guess anything people want to defaultly name there album cover images. Food for thought...
slick

posted on 3-9-2005 at 11:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tag&rename

Thanks for all the advice guys. I have downloaded Tag&rename and I am getting my head round it.

When I rip my Cds into eJ it always says "Looking Up Album Cover" or something similar at the setup, just before it starts. It then locks the machine up for about 10 seconds and never, ever comes back with a cover. Why is this? Do people own copies of eJ that finds the cover art before the RIP?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-9-2005 at 08:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Indeed, i think the "Looking Up Album Cover" feature is at least... perfectible! In fact i don't use it.
Waiting for Audiosoft improve it, you can always prevent the auto lookup in the program options...
jhlurie

posted on 3-10-2005 at 01:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've long been unhappy with this feature. The problem is that it doesn't always "respect" information already in the tag. There should be a setting which ONLY looks up album info the album field is blank. As the software is written now, it simply assumes that if it can't find a cover, the album doesn't really exist. To have to turn off the entire lookup feature as the only alternative is just annoying.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats