Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Sync problem w/ Winamp3...Please Help!!!!
strider

posted on 4-25-2003 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sync problem w/ Winamp3...Please Help!!!!

Help!! I just registered for the full version of eJukebox and I'm trying to set it up with WA3. Here's the scenario: WA3 is already installed and I've downloaded the install file for v3.01 of eJukbox. I initiate the eJukebox install and it gets as far as building a song db when I get a prompt to dl a winamp component to allow it to sync with WA3. I follow the instructions, dl'ing and installing this component (wa2mgr, I believe) after eJukebox has closed down. Then, when I try to start everything back up it gives me a sync error and tells me to check the path listed for WA3 in the eJukebox.ini file. I do, and it looks fine to me...I've uninstalled and reinstalled both WA3 and eJukebox several times now, hoping that it was just a one time install fluke but nothing has worked. Can someone please help me out?!?!?!?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-25-2003 at 10:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
First off, we recommend using Winamp v2.91 instead of Winamp3 for the best performance and compatibility with eJukebox.

If you prefer to use Winamp3 and are having syncing problems with it:

1.) Start Winamp3 first then start eJukebox. Doing this will automatically permanently set the correct path of Winamp3 so that eJukebox will be able to communicate properly with it.

2.) eJukebox currently does not support synchronization when using the Winamp3 media browser. So after using the Winamp3 Media Browser (or if synchronization fails after step 1) you must double-click a song in the Winamp3 playlist, in order to reestablish synchronization with eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
strider

posted on 4-26-2003 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!!! I tried your suggestions and everything worked like a charm with Winamp 2.91...Thanks!!!!
dick

posted on 7-11-2004 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've been using 5.xx on it with no issues.

hrm.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-11-2004 at 04:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Winamp 3 is gone now as Winamp 5 totally replaced it. Basically combining the Skin Engine of Winamp 3 with the Plugin support of Winamp 2.x and calling it Winamp5.

eJukebox v3.88 runs best with Winamp 2.91 or Winamp 5.

We still recommend Winamp 2.91 as it was the last of the 2.x series and offers the same features (except 5.0 skins) plus uses less cpu and memory. However, Winamp 5 can work just as well with eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats