Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How about better alphabetizing for artists?
schonne

posted on 1-8-2005 at 07:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How about better alphabetizing for artists?

I know this is not crucial, and it's probably already been suggested, but it would be cool if the artist list could be alphabetized better - like by artist last name instead of their first name - or bands beginning with "The" would be sorted by their name instead of "The".

I was thinking about a checkmark in the EDIT SONG next to the artist that we could select if we want that artist sorted by last name first or ignore the "The" at the beginning of the name. That way people who don't want anything to change can keep it that way, and those that prefer the names to be properly alphabetized can do so without changing the names manually for every song.

This is probably more difficult than it's worth - but I thought I'd toss out the idea.
schonne

posted on 1-8-2005 at 07:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh - and I know I can just change the name of all my artists from "Tori Amos" to "Amos, Tori" and "The Hives" to "Hives, the" but I'd rather keep the names intact and just have them sorted better.

Thanks again
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-9-2005 at 11:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : schonne
I was thinking about a checkmark in the EDIT SONG next to the artist that we could select if we want that artist sorted by last name first or ignore the "The" at the beginning of the name.

I'm VERY favourable to a such feature! :)

I think the best would be to have the checkmark you talk directly in the artist name (materialised using a different color or maybe a bold letter). So that checkmark could directly point the letter to consider for alphabetical sorting, and above all the user could easily choose the good on in all cases...

I also think that could be nice to don't change the words order in the artist list, but rather just use a lower font for the word "The" or the artists first names:

The Hives
Tori Amos
cbsoundman

posted on 1-11-2005 at 10:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am also in favor of this. Windows Media Player has been doing this since I think version 7.0.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats