Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eliminate Left side bias
jhlurie

posted on 3-12-2003 at 10:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eliminate Left side bias

Another request (gee, I feel like such a pest for someone only on Day 4 of his eval).

I absolutely love the way eJukebox can flip between a reduced interface and a full one. That said, the expansion panels work in a way that's occasionally a bit bothersome.

Windows arranges icons along the LEFT side of the screen by default, and frankly its always easiest to maintain that standard to keep things neat.

As a result of this I've always tended to place my music players along the RIGHT side of my screen.

EJ and its sliding panels are a bit hostile to this--the product, frankly, is built to only really work along the left side of your screen. Sure, you can place the reduced interface nicely along the right side, but as soon as you expand the side panels the main interface is pushed to the middle of your screen. That in of itself would be workable if re-closing the panels placed the reduced interface BACK where it had started... but it doesn't--it leaves it in the middle.

So either the expansion panels should be optionally reconfigurable to open to the reverse side if desired (that would be to the left, I guess, so eJ can sit to the right), or if the current method with the panels is too hard coded-in to change, perhaps the location of the main interface before the panels are opened needs to be stored somehow and restored when the expansions are closed again.

This certainly is FAR from an app killer, especially since the transparency feature makes up for a lot of the bother of keeping eJukebox in the middle or left of my screen. But it would be a nice tweak.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2003 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually eJukebox can restore to the previous postion but only if you disable the option "Animate Panel Movement" under eJukebox's display options

After disabling that option...eJukebox will then restore to its previous "contracted view" position as long as you do not move the window while in full expanded view.

So try this...disable the animate panels option...reduce eJukebox so it is just the now playing panel...place eJukebox in the bottom right hand corner... then click the "Expand/Hide eJukebox Panels Button". then click it again to see it restored to the old postion.

Is that what you ment? Also do you think it needs to be able to do this and animate the panel movement as well?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jhlurie

posted on 3-13-2003 at 12:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Works. Thanks!

The loss of the animation is absolutely no big deal.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats