Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: We need answers Audiosoft!!!
aaronND2000

mad.gif posted on 11-12-2004 at 02:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We need answers Audiosoft!!!

I have posted about this several times as have several other people. For many versions of this program now, there have been serious issues with the album covers. Now to me this is critical, as the point of this software is to be a visual interface for your music. There are two main problems I have posted about and have never recieved an answer or a solution from Audiosoft, nor has the problem been fixed in any of the new versions.

#1 - self entitled albums have many problems. Often they will not show up on the album list, or I have to play every song on the album for it to look up the album image. When I rebuild my database, it looses all of these albums covers a lot of the time.

#2 - Wrong album covers are displayed for certain cd's. When I go to edit the song, it actually displays the correct album cover, but the wrong album will be displayed in the album list. Manually loading an image for an album does not seem to correct this either. Also, if I do manage to force it to display the correct image, it is lost on a re-build.

I REALLY would like a response to these issues. I have been asking for a long time!!! I own two copies of the software and have given it nothing but good reviews to my friends. I don't want to have to turn people away from this software because they won't fix a few very annoying bugs.

Thank you.
Dyno Don

posted on 11-14-2004 at 07:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have similar problems but manage to get it right most the time. But you bring up a point that bothers me. Rebuilding is not a solution. I have many songs that don't remember their covers. I don't know why, they aren't Read Only or anything, but If I do a rebuild it would take days and days of fixing everything. I always get artists like "01" and "02", where it thinks the track is the artist name. Or the issue I have with "the" artists. I strip all the thes from artist names so you can find them. Is it "The brand new heavies" or just "brand new heavies"? After a rebuild a lot of the thes come back. Obviously the tag was not saved to the file. So I cannot rebuild ever!

Don
rlailey

eureka.gif posted on 11-15-2004 at 11:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album cover sort of fix

I'm actually OK with this! I've worked out a fix. All you have to do is add the album covers manually to tracks in small batches (about 5) and then shut eJukebox down and restart it.

I used to get the same problems as above before adopting this technique - it works!

I guess eJ must have some sort of graphical memory leak or something?
Fishy

posted on 11-15-2004 at 07:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think people should have some patience.. I think audiosoft has explained well enough the problems with albumcovers in the latest version, and that they are working on it..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
rllercstr7

posted on 11-28-2004 at 03:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In response to #2:
I don't think that is Audiosoft's fault, because they are not maintaining the database of covers. I also have the problem where when I open the editor I see the correct cover, but then something else displays in the now playing window. The problem is the picture you see in the editor is the small image, but the one it uses in now playing is the large image. If you click on the small image in the editor it will pull up the large version of the image and you will see that indeed it is wrong and is what comes up in the now playing area. The only way I know to fix this is to do a manual lookup. I went to buy.com and used their images for my music.

I hope that helps give you an explanation of exactly what is going wrong. :)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats